Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Am I the only one finds comparing Velma and The Last Wish to be a bit tacky?
I mean while The Last Wish is obviously far superior, the two properties are apples and oranges. Both are doing different things.
I just feel like the comparison seems a bit shallow.
On another note I feel like comparing Bluey and Friendship is Magic is a bit oversimplifying too
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

What I’m going to say applies to books, movies, music, TV shows, etc, but I think a small fraction of the fans actually care about the content they enjoy.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
You can have irredeemably awful protags, particularly with villian protags or ones made for laughs.
The problem with Velma is that she’s simultaneously irredeemable and poorly written.
Good writing can make even the biggest scumbags “likeable” to an extent.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Zincy
That’s why Velma should be compared with Bojack Horseman. Bojack Horseman, despite being an asshole and pretty much a criminal, is relatable and believable. He struggles with life and actually has to live with the consequences of his actions while Velma has every anwser handed to her and never got any repercussions for her attitude and behavier.
Speaking of Velma, there is something about her character design that makes me want to punch her so much but I don’t know why I keep wanting to see it, especially her face. It looks so unlikeable I can’t stop looknig for some reason.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It takes a lot of work. I would argue that it’s much easier with a true vilian protagonist as opposed to one that’s supposed to be “the good guy”. Like Just mentioned above, Bojack is a close example, Rick might also qualify but he tends to tread more into vilian protag most of the time.
She’s drawn smug, and a very specific kind of smug. Would be great if she were the vilian of the show.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I find the fact that people are still overreacting over all the AI stuff annoying. It’s more annoying than seeing arts you can just ignore.
Posted Report
Beth
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Just Wayne
They act like they’re the only ones who have faced job insecurity because of technology.
Traditional artist would like to have a word.
Most of the world would like to have a word.
They complain about their art being used, when there is endless public domain images that are way better at training AI. The AI needs way more images than many artist have even made.
Most artist complaining about stolen work I wouldn’t bother using their images for AI. I’d use public domain, my own art, and photographs. Lots of stock stuff.
I’m an artist second, I’m a worker first, with job insecurity, I’ll do what it takes to make money.
Posted Report
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Beth
If only “I’ll use public domain material” would cross the minds of most of the techbros. But then again, they seem to have openly malicious motives.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Vivace
I think it’s moreso “it’s already open to the public so I don’t see why you’re upset that your art was in the batch. In fact, be flattered the AI chose your art.”
Posted Report
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
There will be malicious appropriation of art, tech bros trying to steal an artist style , work and image.
More laws need to be developed, but some of these tech guys are just trying to make a living the only way they know how, the same as digital artist who insist they can’t adapt to the new landscape.
The law is going to take a long time to develope, but artist have no right to limit what kind of tech we use.
The idea that ai needs anymore than pictures of the natural world and some drawings from willing individuals is insane. When AI law is complete, I’ll sell my art specifically for use by prompters and programmers. I often get complimented for my smooth hand, that’s hard to learn with just computers.

Many artist already operate in bad faith with other artist.

Also nobody said that assuming someone can see it means they have rights to use it. Artist already have massive archives between themselves of images that are free for anyone to use.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Beth
People kind of forget that’s a problem with humans already. Art theft? Happened plenty of times already. Jobs stolen by machine? Already going on in this modern age. Don’t know why we target AI specifically. Maybe we really are afraid of our creations.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide