Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
I think MMO’s are scams myself but uh… it’s related to soda some how?
You mean like pumping out arbitrary changes to make people spend more money in fear of losing out?
If I want to drink a soda I’m not drinking no fake sugar crap, and it’s not going to be no f’n ‘dream’ flavor, it’s going to be a flavor that actually has an objective meaning in its name, like cherry, or original (original atleast means it taste the same as last time…).
That fake sugar is bad for your kidneys, and heart, and every soft tissue organ for that matter. Fake sugar doesn’t curb your appetite either, so that diet coke is going to be washing down a whole cake probably.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

seventh layer of hair
People who overuse saying “cringe” on the Internet are a bunch of inbred twats who can’t stand jock shit whatever the fuck they see.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
MMO’s used to be a flat membership rate, where the person with more knowledge and skill of the game can dominate, regardless of income.
It used to be cool that a person barely getting by can be an influential, interesting and popular person on an internet game (loser to some sure). Nowadays the only notable people in videogames are those that sell their car for lootboxes.
Now MMO’s are like skinner boxes where you constantly pay for things that barely exists, the things you buy will be devalued next update, you’ll always get licked by someone spending at least 15$ a day, and you’ll become a slave to the sunken cost fallacy where the only reason you’re spending more money on the game is because you already spent too much in the past.
There is still a couple of good things about videogames, and indie developers can keep the spirit of fun alive. Videogames fund the developement of cutting edge hardware that can be used in science and medicine. By giving people toys made from impressive machinery and coding, we support the market for impressive machinery and code.
Videogames are also better for your attention span than drugs or youtube videos. Because you actually have to pay attention, wait and do things for the dopamine hit, where youtube and drugs gives you instant dopamine and encourages being even lazier than gamers. This is why I’m so over adults thinking they’re above videogames, like yeah, because they found even lazier ways to get dopamine.
“Videogames make you lazy” Says the boomer idly absorbing alcohol via osmosis, drunk driving a mobility scooter.
@Khauntzat Adramélekhizarovich Searmaev
Cringe culture is the only thing cringe.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Khauntzat Adramélekhizarovich Searmaev
It’s a cruel troll way to dehumanize people without any constructive criticism.
I’ll help you bury the bodies, but damn brother, I already got a bathtub of dehydrated toilet bowl cleaner prepared, lets just leave them in a tub and go get a beer.
I dunno though. Sometimes wanting to kill people is better than actually doing it. Don’t let people live in your head rent free either.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
Ireland is the only based European country, precisely by staying out of all conflicts except those with their fascist limey neighbors.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I bet you totally could make Blazing Saddles today. The Boys, Borat 2, Jojo Rabbit, Good Boys, The Boys, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Bad Trip, Sausage Party, The Boys. All pretty edgy stuff released recently. And there’s some future films like the one the south park guys are making about a guy dating a girl and he finds out her ancestor owned his ancestor as a slave, or the Fixed one where a dog learns his balls are gonna be chopped off so he’s going to have one last rager.
The only issue you might, maybe have is getting a distributor. But that’s more of a corporate consolidation issue than nobody being willing. Someone would absolutely do it. Making money in theaters would be problem but that’s only because non franchise films rarely make massive bucks anymore and that’s just the system changing over the years.
I think what most people mean when they say it couldn’t be made today is that it would be harder for them to drop the hard r as much as you could in the 70’s. I don’t know if I even believe that couldn’t be done if it was sold independently. Aside from that it’s pretty inoffensive as much people like to say otherwise. Unless people are going to pretend farting cowboys and telegram for mongo, boom explosive telegram somehow pisses the general public off.
Tl;Dr: Nah. If you can make The Boys you could make Blazing Saddles today.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
About your original point, I don’t know honestly. While like you said, there are still edgy and politically incorrect movies being made today where they don’t attract negative attention, I still have a feeling that any attempt at remaking Blazing Saddles will be met by some form of scrutiny, that and even The Producers.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@Mr.Myoozik
Perhaps. Though I don’t think it would be as big as people think it would even if it did happen. I’ve never seen anyone actually complain too much about the movie, even self proclaimed left wingers. More often than not they think it’s pretty funny.
Maybe some terminally online nobody on twitter would complain, but those kind of people complain about everything.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide