Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Marriage is a social construct designed for economic and population growth, for stable households, and so men can properly identify their offspring. All good reasons for marriage, but that’s not we used to roll, and religion and moral duty didn’t get involved until later.
In nature men tend to seek multiple sexual partners, while women look for a secure man, even if that man has several other wives. I think would be bad for our current economy, but I couldn’t quite place it. Less wealth distribution maybe?
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
I didn’t say I was against marriage, I thought I sounded quite for marriage, I was even jerking it off a little bit. You explode because I don’t identify it as the gold standard.
Also you talk about political opinions being used as weapons and bullying. The gun subject is inherently intimidating, I never tried to intimidate you or discount your character, it’s natural to be concerned about guns.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Mildgyth
f. you got it boss.
my only point is none of my opinions are motivated by beef with anyone.
Well the marriage thing works great, one can argue that marriage is a big success. I’m still skeptical that people are just made for eachother, there is no biological basis for this. I think a successful marriage or any relationship requires people with constructive attitudes to say “good enough” with however compatible they are.
I am uncomfortable with how often people say forever and never mean it. This could either mean I’m against divorce, or skeptical of marriage, maybe some of both.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Speaking of marriage and divorce, I think divorces started being as common as they currently are once no-fault divorces were a thing. I don’t like divorces personally, but I rather that they split if they aren’t happy together than to suffer because they are together.
@Don’t
@Beth
Wait, aren’t there species of animals that mate for life?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I disagree when people say politics ruins modern day media. I think for something like the Star Wars prequels the politics actually enhances the story and makes it able to be appreciated by older fans (especially in this modern era but I digress)
In fact to me to say the Sequels are too policial, is giving it too much credit. They don’t have any political manipulation or senate talks. None of that. What little they do give is an unsubtle obvious enviormental message and a Nazi allusion to of course the First Order the obvious bad guys. We can’t have the New Republic doing bad things themselves can we?
I think it when it comes to politics, if you are going to incorporate them, you have to do it in an interesting way.
Also I disagree with the idea that politics should be left out because we consume to be an escape from the real world. This is such disingenuous argument to me. We go into media to escape but a lot of the time we also go into media to think. And as long as you tell it a clever way then I think it’s fine.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Doesn’t mean humans do. Maybe some primate does, which could be why so many people are willing to do it, even if only recently in human history. Or people could have married for even longer, and just weren’t so ceremonious about it.
I mean we can. Love often goes deeper than basic instinct. There is more reasons to be with someone than basic breeding impulses.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Meanlucario
I can see why many would find the prequels unappealing. But regardless, I think there is something to be said exploring the political system of a universe and exploring corruption, even for a bunch of 12 year olds.
Perhaps if it were done in the style of The Clone Wars people find it more appealing. But I think the ideas have potential.
And I guess the Original had undertones of rebellion against authority perhaps a by product of the aftermath of the Vietnam War. Or maybe how Cloud City had to find ways to be autonomous from the empire. But being that the Original was mostly on the characters and not the world, they didn’t flesh out the politics there yet.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
If people are whining about real people fanfiction and headcanons (or let alone celebrities like BTS and Harry Styles) or how gross is to do it because they’re not fictional characters, then shows like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air isn’t for them since Will Smith is playing Will Smith and not a fictional character named Bill Smiff.
I mean, it’s hypocritical for people to dislike fans making fictionalized content of celebs yet being fine with networks and companies do the same thing and disguising it as “fictionalized” versions of real life people.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Worshiping a celebrities fictional character is somehow less weird than worshiping celebrities. Having people worship you is a hazard of the occupation, when you’re actively trying to seduce the population for money. Not saying they deserve to be harassed.
Don’t become funded by an endless audience if you can’t handle fame.
I don’t like celebrities. They warp peoples perception of how you’re supposed to look and act. I mean I watch movies, i somewhat like people, I just don’t really follow any particular celebrity because they’re not the role models they pretend to be. They all have an external agenda to recite, and they’re mostly out of touch with real world issues.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Hollowfox The Worst
I dunno, i just heard something something celebrities don’t like people looking at them ironically.
Ok lemmi make a comment more tailored to what you’re actually talking about.. lets see.
Is making fan fiction of people wierd? It sounds vaguely illegal. I think the difference is Fresh Prince is a fictional character.
Popular people probably have to deal with fan fiction. The wierdest part is when people ship celebrities with actual other celebrities. Even if those two celebrities know each other, it makes their entire relationship wierd.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I really hate it when people come up with these stupid nicknames towards people or works that they don’t like, it makes them look immature and makes people treat them less seriously. Like I remember when Despacito was the biggest song on the planet but you had people calling it “Despashito” which is a stupid name. It sounds like something a middle school bully would say just to pick on somebody. Just say the actual name/word like a normal person even if you don’t like it.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Hollowfox The Worst
Well if you have the same name as your character, your character is still a separate entity from yourself, in the show he’s not exactly being himself.
So if the fanfiction is set in the context of the show, and how the show character acts, then it shouldn’t be seen as targeting the individual actor.
If you make media you are choosing to enter the minds of potentially countless unknown individuals, which is something to consider before you sell yourself as a character. People should have the right to make fantasies and stories about the media they where exposed to and conditioned with. However if fiction becomes falsely attributed to someone other than the author, then defamation issues exists.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Beth
bro it’s called polyamory.
and also we already have a fucked economy that needs like 4 people of average income to just rent a closet having a bigger family unite would make that much worse.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Angrybrony
I know what polyamory is. It’s the natural, and most common sense form of mating. I’m not sure how it fits in with todays housing market though, i been more focused on the illegal tent in the woods market.
Go for someone who has the reasources to support you, even if they have other partners, before going with a loser just because he pays attention to only you (doesn’t even pay attention to his own success, just you, so a loser basically).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide