Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
Speaking English in African Accent (Nigerian, Sudanian, etc.) are much better than the British Accent. I also find it sexy.
(I am literally speaking to this post as that. It’s so easy.)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Wayneponeth
My biggest gripe is how Marvel and even DC to some extent has been dominating the movie market with little room for other movies to shine and the fact that the novelty of a franchise wide storyline extending film after film has gotten old to me. I used to like these movies before but seeing that so many have been getting pumped out year after year has kept me away. That and I’ve never been the biggest fan of superheroes anyway.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Mr.Myoozik
I mean, we had like 4 MCU movies come out within a 6 month time frame, and only 2 of them had the same level of positive reception that that previous entries had.
I don’t think you’re the only one getting burnt out on the franchise.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
The more I’m watching Stranger Things, the more I think that a more Stranger Things-esque adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time would work better than the previous ones they’ve made.
Every previous movie or TV adaptation of AWiT has tried to tone it down by removing some of the focus on physics and fourth-dimensional thinking, making it more whimsical, I guess to make it more palatable to kids. But it always kills a lot of the book’s impact IMO. It’s a kids’ novel, sure, but it and its sequels got freaking dark at points.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
To be fair, that’s the problem with the market and people’s interests than what Hollywood or any major corporations plan to do. It’s like how we keep wanting something to happen with MLP but posting memes on Derpibooru would never work and pitching ideas to Hasbro is not the easiest thing to do. Is it really Hasbro’s fault for not doing what we want when we’re not actively making them know of our desires? That’s just reality. Companies do what they think is most profitable and they don’t really care for what a few people want if it doesn’t suit the market. Money speaks louder than words.
Besides, it’s either superhero movies or bad live action remakes that usually insult the original. I think I’d rather go for the former.
Beth
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I’m automatically suspicious of anyone who refuses to be questioned.
At the same time maybe I volunteer too much information. I know basic things like not name dropping people.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Sparx
Ohhhh. Gotcha. Yeah, I just read that interview.
As for me, I grew up reading A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels, and one thing all these adaptations seem to screw up is that the series got dark. It was surreal, but in less of a whimsical kind of way and in more of a Twin Peaks for kids way. And when it got serious, it got serious.
Of course, both movie adaptations of it were made by Gisney, so it unfortunately makes sense why they’d tone it down significantly.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
The more I think about it, the more I think that dating apps are dystopian as hell.
Imagine having to boil your entire self, your personality, your aspirations, your interests, everything down to your looks and a 50-word summary of your entire existence. And then having to pay extra just to see those who are interested in you.
Beth
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@TheHappySpaceman
It’s pretty dystopian. The whole dating market kinda is. Acquiring mates is an instinct that most animals go barbaric over, and humans are no different.
Even the least desirable women have an overwhelming amount of options, while men barely get any. Why wouldn’t a women go for someone whos both attractive and affluent?
It’s nobodies fault though, dating apps aren’t natural. We’re supposed to gain romantic interest in familiar people over time, not line up everyone on an internet page and sort by height and income.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Beth
@Meanlucario
My parents met in 1980 when they were both at the same restaurant for lunch and my dad struck up a conversation. They didn’t know each other, but they bonded over both of their shared dislike of Ronald Reagan and the fact that as it turned out, they had several friends in common. Over four decades later, they’re still together.
Nowadays, it’s difficult to imagine anyone meeting in that way. Everyone is on their phones in public, and if you try talking to a stranger you’ve never met before, they may think you’re a creep.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Here’s a spicy hot take: Playing a game blind or going to a movie knowing nothing are overrated. If the twist as good as the game or movie thinks, than knowing it beforehand enhances the experience, not diminishes it.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Meanlucario
It depends on the games and movies I think. There are so many games I wish I can play all over again to be surprised by. It applies better to horror stuff as well. Obviously things are scarier when you don’t expect them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide