Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Hollowfox The Worst
Honestly, MOS feels like the best out of them all. It actually focuses on Superman and doesn’t keep showing us a timeline that hasn’t happened yet, or introduce a superhero only for fan service. It’s actually “Man of Steal”, not “Batman V Superman, but also Wonder Woman and everyone else”, or “Justice League, which is also Injustice by Netherrealm. Oh and Martian Manhunter is there too.” It’s more concentrated and straight-forward.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Superman is so hilariously overpowered, that the idea of an evil Superman is just terrifying.
If evil Superman was flying to your planet in 7 minutes to kill you, you might as well just do it yourself.
Lasers hotter than the corona of the sun, he only listens to gravity when he feels like it, and he can move the planet. If he doesn’t like you there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
I mean, super strength and practically invincible is nothing new. And a “evil superman” is just another powerful villain. It’s kind of his morals and principles that makes Superman what he is (a subversion of the power corrupts and the Nazi’s perfect race mentality).
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Beth
It’s been done so many times it’s not exactly scary anymore, and we have a lot of much more powerful heroes and villains than Superman, he is actually pretty easy to take down. You just need to find a green rock.
I like myself a Superman that does the badass good guy thing where he unleashes his full power on overpowered bad guy like Darkseid. I like myself a Superman that actually smiles, cries, and shows vulnerability. People always forget Superman is an alien who learns to be human, not a cold, super powerful god of destruction.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Wayneponeth
You don’t need that much abstract thought to understand Supermans powers, which can make for a very effective villain.
In Saw the character Jigsaw forces people to mutilate themselves for a small chance of survival. But without the traps being carefully built around his unconscious victims, he is just a weak old man himself, so an evil Superman would still be a bigger threat.
Digimon has gods that can destroy and compress spacetime infinitely, and such villains have the emotional stability of a 14 year old. Digimon villians are extra spicy, because they sound like child molesters always talking about going after children with eachother.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Can I just say for the record that making Superman evil has gotten really tiresome?
Like, it was a cool concept when the Justice League animated series did it, and I thought the first Injustice game handled it well, but ever since then, it feels like whenever we get something Superman related, 4 out of 5 times, it shows/mentions the possibility of him going evil.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Beth
An evil Superman is just General Zod. He’s not that scary, especially alone. If you think about it in Injustice, Superman would have been stood no chance if other heroes weren’t helping him.
@Penguin Dragneel
Exactly, it’s done too many time, it’s actually more boring than an always perfect Superman. I should blame Injustice but it’s not its fault people take that as the primary way to portray superheroes instead of taking it as an alternate universe.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Feel like it’s usually just to bring him down as a character whatever universe he’s in as a whole.
Like, he was known to be an almost obnoxiously good boy hero and saying he’s can not just fail but go in the opposite direction brings a tone way down in any story on its own.
So maybe it’s merely a symptom of writing dark for darkness’s sake.
Beth

In digital purgatory
Who’s like the best villian than? Wouldn’t that be like Thanos or something?
Rick Sanchez is probally the coolest villain, but you’re not supposed to look up to him because he has no self control.
He’s a sociopath narccissist that created interdimensional travel and uses it to do whatever he wants and avoid responsibility. He acts like he knows everything, but he’s actually only smart enough to convince most people this, without his portal tech he wouldn’t be able to uphold this illusion nearly as well, and he certainly couldn’t be a super villain.
EDIT: Oh I liked Injustice. It has a scene where evil superman grabs someone by the temples and melts their brain right through their eyesocket. That was fire, sucks everyone else is tired of evil superman already.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Superhero movies has just gotten stale nowadays and has oversaturated the market, I’d like something else to dominate the box office for once.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Beth
Like I said, I was fine with Injustice doing the “evil Superman” shtick. It actually showed a logical and reasonable progression from “all-loving hero” to “well-intentioned extremist” to “a guy who completely lost his f###ing marbles.”
It’s everything that came after that’s made me tired of the plot point.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Beth
Joker. He literally does things for haha and is pretty scary when he wants to be. He is the reason Superman became evil to begin with.
And that guy Superman killed was Shazam, Billy Boston who was given the power of six gods at a young age. He basically killed a kid.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Wayneponeth
I think it’s more accurate to say that the Joker (is suppose to) do stuff for laughs and to piss Batman off. That’s why he’s Batman’s arch-nemesis, not his greatest threat.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Which villian can do the most damage to the most people. Would probally generate a list of villains that could generate massive explosions, move the earth, or destroy space itself. Maybe having a planet destroying device would make you the best villian, or maybe instead of number of victims, who is most cruel to an individual victim.
The Scarecrow is so cool, he gasses his victims with hallucinogens and puts on a scary mask to make them trip balls. That’s like the best evil ever.
I forgot to mention Ricks power backfires, because he can go anywhere instantly, he often has to deal with other versions of himself making his life harder.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Meanlucario
Joker actually has one motive. He wants to prove to the world everyone can go as mad as he is, that everyone just needs one bad day or unfortunate event to become just like him. He especially wants to prove that to Batman. The one he wants to turn insane the most is Batman. That’s why he actively targets Batman’s allies. He wants Batman to kill him, so then he’d be right. If even the great Batman is corruptible, who wouldn’t be? He directly challenges Batman’s entire belief which is why he is his arch-nemesis, and possibility Batman’s biggest challenge.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
I dunno. Superhero movies can get subtle changes. It actually still intrigues me and entertain me sometimes. Plus I shift around TV shows and animations so it’s not always the MCU movies or the movies everyone talks about. It definitely makes things less stale for me. I love getting to know about all the comic book lore from other media and how things work in both Marvel and DC universe. It’s especially fun when I get to the magic elements and see how they’re mixed with the urban or sci-fi settings. It’s not always about “Good heroes defeat evil villains”. There are a lot of nuances when you look through different things.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide