Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy
Really? I was under the impression that whatever role they played could be substituted by another genus. They’re still assholes, though.
INB4 the same could be accused of humans (with or without increased validity)
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario
Because it’s a different type of animation from western animation.
Yes, it has romance anime that isn’t hated by everyone.
But romance shouldn’t always be exclusive to anime and live action. And also when romance gets into a cartoon, people will cry bad writing when it comes to shipping or how a cartoon is never about shipping or how shipping ruins the story.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox The Worst
Anime is still animation. To disqualify it for no good reason makes it look like you are being needlessly picky.
And from what I’ve seen, people don’t mind romance in animation. They care about how its handled, and it sounds like it’s handled very poorly way too often. Needless break-ups, refusal to have a healthy relationship on screen between characters, thinking that once they’re a couple, people will only talk about their partner, ect. It’s not the fans who are the problem, but the writers.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Didn’t faust say that Netflix executives rejected her cartoon because “girls don’t watch cartoons”?
That type of mindset is probably why you don’t have that many romance cartoons in the west
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@Don’t
Romance isn’t always for girls. And corps don’t seem to realize that.
Guess the decision is only shows with romantic ships (to make the shippers go gaga over constantly) or no romance at all (even if shippers ship) when it comes to western animation.
There’s no hope for the romance genre to be loved anymore. No matter how the creator incorporates it, no matter how the creator mixes both romance and other genres other than SoL, there will be people who whine about romance.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman
Didn’t a few action cartoons get cancelled because they had a major female audience?
“How dare those girls like shows about handsome athletic guys filled with energy, that’s not what the market said they would like, I am gonna cancel the show to teach them a lesson”
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I don’t like how there are places where when they sell soft drinks, they exclusively have either Coke products or Pepsi products but never both. I think it may be competition, but it’ll just encourage people who don’t like that kind of soda to look for another substitute when they don’t want to. Just sell both, what’s the absolute harm and the place will still make money regardless.
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Mr.Myoozik
I never really thought about that. Most places I’ve been to sell coca cola company soft drinks. Not too often i see pepsi co products being sold. Taco Bell and KFC as far as i know are the only place that has Pepsi. Could be a rights thing? Idk…Why not have both?
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

If we’re talking about good romantic stories, I think the best ones to me are WALL·E, City Lights and Casablanca even though the third one is very bitter.
I could add Edwuard Scissorhand.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
At least around here, usually it’s because if you have a contract with one supplier for your business, they give you a fridge and you’re not supposed to put products from the competitors in it - you need to have another fridge for that.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Honestly, the “power corrupts” ideology is just there to excuse people in power who do wrong. While power makes things tempting, it doesn’t stop people from holding themselves accountable of their own actions, or asking themselves if what they’re doing is right or wrong. And not having power doesn’t stop power-hungry people from being corrupted and doing immoral things to get power.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide