Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Lord WyrmSpawN
That’s true, but that’s not an excuse to put a lot of exposition right in the first episode and even making some “people die if they are killed” like lines and expect me to watch what are supposed to be better episodes after the first one.
If a show is good, it has to be good right in the first episode. Cowboy Bebop has a fantastic first episode. Same thing with The Office, Gravity Falls and Breaking Bad.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Meanlucario
Maybe, but I remember watching The Wire (which was popular for having very slow episodes) and, while I have to finish it, I really enjoyed the first episodes because there’s a lot going on.
I think the bad first episodes from any TV show are those that don’t respect the time from the viewer. Not many people talk about it (maybe it’s just human nature or hype culture, I have no idea). This is why, for example, I haven’t started watching The Last Airbender, because I don’t know if the show is gonna be absolutely great in the first episodes or after the 100th episode.
I think there’s a big clear difference between slow pacing and nothing significant happening.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ring Team
Personally, the rule kinda varies depending on the show.
I’m more likely to watch until the end (or half) of the first season if it’s a story-driven series, but only give about 3 or 5 episodes to episodic comedies. There HAVE been series that have broken this rule (it took until halfway through the series itself for Rise of the TMNT to actually get good, and I gave up on Naruto after about 3 episodes), but more often than not, it’s how I judge whether I continue to watch a series or not.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
My only exposure to Kill La Kill was through the video game which I thought was awesome lol
Some shows shouldn’t be painfully dull in the beginning but they shouldn’t blow their load early on either(kinda why I think SAO was kinda shit, after a great 3 episodes it goes down the shitter). Certain genres have different standards and I do think you should give more than the first episode a go for every show
Ring Team
Artist -

@Meanlucario
Still, I think there’s a big difference between slow pacing and building up your world (like The Wire, Breaking Bad and even kids shows like Kipo and Gravity Falls) and nothing significant happening (like My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, Another, Arcane and Attack on Titan, at least the first episode).
After my experience with Kill la Kill and dealing with many agressive weeaboos (and one of them was a condescending mod from an old forum I must add), I think the “watch three episodes” argument is very silly, it’s just an excuse for them to convince you to watch the show.
The worst part is that people will say “you’re generalizing, that’s not us” until they get mad because I said “Naruto and Dragon Ball didn’t need to last for a thousand episodes”.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Ring Team
yeah, at the very least they could recommend a good standalone episode to start on, like if for some stupid reason i actually wanted someone to watch naruto, i would actually recommend the Gaara vs Lee fight as it’s a high point featuring one of the best fights and 2 interesting characters,
Ring Team
Artist -

@Thanotos Omega
I don’t follow Naruto that closely, so I have no opinion on that.
To be fair, at least it’s not as bad and horrible as the people who like lolis or underaged characters. I don’t care about the “innocence” argument or the “it’s a japanese thing, don’t be SJW” argument. As soon as your search history has some questionable links related to lolis or underaged characters, you have no right to defend yourself.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Ring Team
Naruto and Dragon Ball have decent pacing in the Manga. The problem is that the adaptions have to Pad things out which is how you end up with entire episodes of characters doing a staring contest
Ring Team
Artist -

@The Worst Person
I had to look into it to understand what you mean. xD
Overall no, but I think people overall need to be responsible of what they say or what they do, and that applies to everything. You can’t make a prank video, harass one random person by throwing him some eggs or something to get him dirty, make him mad and say “it’s just a prank” as if by saying this solves everything.
At least it’s easy to perceive these types of people. These red flags are very easy to see so that you won’t get in trouble.
@Don’t
As someone who had to watch ten or maybe more episodes of two teachers staring each other (I don’t remember the names, but one of them had his arms disabled after one magic trick), that’s 100% accurate.
Galestorm
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Ring Team
I myself enjoy anime but thankfully, don’t associate with any of the crazies you’re talking about.
That said, I haven’t watched every single anime ever in the world, I just watch whatever looks good to me. I’ll even sit through the bad ones & finish them if I can because for some reason, I just have a need to finish watching something from start to finish (if it has ended) so I don’t go by the “3 episode” rule but one of my friends does (whether he still does or not, I don’t know).
I’ve watched all 220 Naruto episodes but haven’t yet watched Shippuden(not sure if I even will). I’ve also watched all the 1st Dragon Ball episodes but not yet Z (tho I kind of get the picture watching the Abridged series). I was watching Super but haven’t yet finished it.
Not really sure what my point is here but in a way, I’m agreeing with you (on most things, there’s a lot being said to go over but this is just summed up).
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@Ring Team
That doesn’t excuse treating fictional characters like they’re real. And it’s sad social media are allowing this god forsaken mentality just to falsely accuse anyone or gatekeep anyone from doing lewds or have feelings for fictional characters.
And if you say fiction affects reality, then Godzilla would have been destroyed Times Square for real and I would have seen the news and evacuated with my family. Or worse, my niece will never turn 19 years old when Skynet destroy us all on August 29, 2029.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Speaking on japanese stuff, I don’t think One piece is the best manga ever. It’s cool and got an interesting world, but there are so many other mangas out there that deserves that title.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Thanotos Omega
To be fair, the fanservice has more of a reason to be there than say Negima, Food Wars, or even Gurren Lagann, but I can still definitely understand it turning people off (pun not intended).
@Thanotos Omega
I’ve given Naruto many different chances. I’ve watched specific fights, random clips, and even read chapters of the manga. It’s just not my thing.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Galestorm
That’s cool, you don’t have to see eye to eye with everything I said. As long as we chill, it’s cool to read your thoughts. I’m just very selective because of the experience I had with certain people.
@Penguin Dragneel
I’m not saying we should be the no fun police. Not only that’s not cool, but we’d have to make more rules about that’s acceptable and what’s not and we’d go into a loophole argument. If someone decides to fight for it, that person will be fighting for the rest of his life. So, even though I’m not a huge fan of this type of designs, I also think it’s not the best solution.
Besides, I’m talking about the people who have this attitude totally internalized and unquestioned.
At least these people are easy to spot.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide