Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Background Pony #1A18
The concept of “guilty pleasures” is kind of dumb.
There’s nothing wrong with liking something that isn’t well received by most other people. Just own your hot take.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I haven’t seen Encanto yet, so as it is now, I don’t think the songs from it are that special, especially the most popular song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”. The song sounded like utter chaos that I couldn’t follow what was going on music wise.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think the “just watch 3 episodes of a show instead of giving up” argument is very silly. If the show is good, it has to be good right in the first episode, like Cowboy Bebop for example. Just get to the point and don’t waste my time.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Mikey
eh, i think the intro two parter was OK, within the context of the fairly weak first season, it’s really important to remember that FiM had a very smooth upward climb in quality until starlight ruined it and the whole thing crashed and burned super hard,
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan
It depends.
For example, a couple of years ago I watched the first episode of Boku no Hero Academia. As soon as I finished it, I quitted because it was so slow, so obvious, no wit, no charm and it was so repetitive.
The same year I watched the first episode of One Punch Man after watching a review about “how deep and good the show is”. But it was very boring and it had a purple guy with the face of a Dragon ball character in a goofy underwear. Not only the first episode didn’t match with the expectations that the review created, but I also realized that action films or shows are not my thing anymore. They have the same music, the same punches and the same silly designs.
At least shows like Six Feet Under and Succession have really good first episodes.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Ring Team
I couldn’t get through the first ep of Kill la Kill (or whatever it’s called), so I agree.
@Thanotos Omega
We much watch two very different FiMs than since the show had plenty of problems before and after Starlight, who turned into the best character after her poor redemption. The only reason it had a “smooth upward climb” was because it had no real competition due to people still had the “it’s a show for little girls, why put in effort?” mentality.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
As i’ve already stated before, i see the general quality of MLP as having been cyclical - one great season, followed by two successively worse (although them being worse than the previous one does not imply they were bad) seasons, and then the cycle began anew. The great seasons in this context having been 1, 4 and 7.
Although if we wish to continue that discussion, we oughta move to the regular Unpopular opinion thread.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Ring Team
Yeah, i always feel bad for RWBY, having 3 mediocre volumes with badly aged art before we finally get consistenly better writing and the huge improvements that came with the change from Poser to maya for the animation software,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide