Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Mikey
You could have replied to me, not him. But if I calm down, people won’t understand me and I can’t save heterosexuality from being left in the dust.
But apparently, people always want me to understand and listen to them so I can be forced to agree with or think like them.
How can I save heterosexuality from being ignored by the mouse? If overreacting never works to the point of being hated by everyone, should I either sit down and do nothing?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Honestly, people care too much about the dub being different from the sub. I’m playing Fire Emblem Fates, and I’m remembering some of the changes that were deserved. One of the two that comes to mind is two characters you have in your army comparing torture techniques. These are characters we are suppose to like and want to use. They could have done better than the assassins just staring at each other, but that’s at least better than the small talk of torture techniques. The other one is a pseudo-lesbian (I say that since while she flirts with female characters, she can only S-rank aka marry male units, and the avatar has a gay option for each sex so they weren’t afraid to have a same-sex relationship) that wants to be into guys and in the original, used a real-life technique to “correct” gay people. In a game released in 2015. Yeah, I don’t think I need to explain that one. Fates has it’s dub problems, but there is a reason for most of the changes.
There’s also the child (child soldiers is just one of the war crime staples in Fire Emblem) who whenever I see the official translation vs sub, I can’t help but imagine this as how they’re portrayed in the fan translation:
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Ring Team
At least Fates had it locked to one child character and their support, so its easy to avoid. And as far as I’ve seen, it’s only that one A-rank support that has it in the entire series.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Meanlucario
Still, talking about gay conversion therapy and treat it as a solution in a conversation to two characters should never be an option for a writer. It would be like the beach scene from Persona 5 (the vanilla version), where they treated two random gay people in their 40s as ridiculous stereotypes in an era where gay people already had enough harassment.
I mean… why would you intentionally talk about gay conversion and treat it as a solution to something in the first place? If someone’s gay, that’s his damn business, don’t talk him about gay conversion.
It’s not that big of a deal to me personally because I’ve never met one who actively praised Fire Emblem Fates. And, with the exception to Awakening, I don’t really care that much for Fire Emblem. At least I have many different games. Not ot mention people already commented it enough to the point where it didn’t set an uncomfortable precedent.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I don’t play Fire Emblem. I thought they were sword and sorcery rpg games or something and now I’m very confused.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Dex Stewart
It’s an strategy turn based game that has dragons, knights, magicians and the favourite debate of Smash Bros players: Swords.
@Lord WyrmSpawN
I don’t really think it’s an excuse that justified all that, in the same way that it shouldn’t be an excuse to, let’s say, put a 2000 years old person in the body of a 5 years old with suggestive outfit (which was a thing in Fire Emblem Awakening by the way).
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Ring Team
It’s just one character, though. And you are missing out. FE is a great series.
@Dex Stewart
It’s a game series where you have a small army of characters fighting armies of faceless enemies. There’s also a lot of shipping due to support conversations.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
I’d say the fact that FE Fates was unnecessarily split into 3 separate games is a bigger point of contention than a single support conversation. But otherwise FE’s a great series unless you’re talking to Smash fans lol though earlier games are getting much more difficult to get at a reasonable price. Path of Radiance is especially great
Ring Team
Artist -

@Meanlucario
Don’t get me wrong, I really like Awakening, and I’m aware Nowi is the only character that has this archetype. I just don’t like this type of “legal loli” trope.
Besides, if people really love japanese art, wouldn’t make sense to ask them to go nuts instead of seeing them making the same isekais and the same “legal lolis” and the same ninjas over and over again? Because at least Dark Souls feels refreshing in comparison.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ring Team
I honest to god feel the producers didn’t think things through enough when making that game. Between that, and splitting the story into three separate games, it kinda felt like they had gotten drunk on the success of Awakening and wanted to capitalize on it, regardless of the consequences.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Penguin Dragneel
I agree. I’m not as mad as other people because at least I have other games on Nintendo 3DS and the Switch. It’s not like these systems have less videogames and less options than the Dreamcast.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ring Team
I’m actually contemplating getting Three Houses. I heard that game’s much better than Fates and maybe even Awakening, and I really like the designs of some of the characters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide