Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario  
Oh yeah, and also this is apparently becoming an increasingly unpopular take, but I think you should actually be expected to give something a chance before you go after it. Like, if you believe a game is problematic but don’t have any evidence, you should play it before you go after it. Same with movies and albums.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario  
It’s totally okay to hear about something and say it’s not something you’re interested in. But I just think if you’re going to say it bears negative real life implications, you should actually have any evidence to support that fact.

(Not you you, granted. You seem okay as far as this goes. But as a recent example, I got someone in a server telling me that Katawa Shoujo is exploitative of people with disabilities and its creators are sickos simply because it’s a game about girls with disabilities. Which is… absolutely wrong.)
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
@Goku Black  
Well your athletes up there keeps winning too much medals statistically in the history of the Olympics so I’ve theorised that you guys would think events like this are so boring while we, the third world countries would cry our hearts out in pure joy once we’ve proudly won something that’s pretty hard and rare to achieve.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@TheHappySpaceman  
I feel like people tend to focus more on trying to accuse products of being problematic, while ignoring the actual problems that can occur behind the scenes (crunch, sexual harassment, general abuse, etc).

But no, let’s focus on the fact that a character from a 13+ series is wearing a suggestive costume.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
I never understand why killing off characters is a bad thing?

Because apparently the show or movie or game is ruined if a character gets killed off and i don’t understand. I thought people hate it when characters don’t get killed off (in media such as MCU and Fairy Tail) but when a character is killed off suddenly it’s a problem (with TLOU, GOT and even Voltron, Attack on Titan and Invincible)

Heck, even with the controversy against the Bury Your Gays trope, it’s now bad to kill off LGBTQ+ characters regardless of how the story progresses. Thanks a lot, Voltron fanboys. Now you’ll never understand the horrors of war with you crying queerbaiting. And you’re gonna make storytellers play it safe with their characters when they’re gay.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
You seem to not realize there is a tactful way to kill characters. Linkara often brings it up when a comic he’s reviewing a comic that has a character die: If their death has meaning to it (other than “anyone can die”), and if they go down fighting and actually do damage, than it gets a pass. If they kill the character for “drama” like Roy Harper’s daughter, it feels shallow and possibly ended that character’s existence in the continuity. A living character has more story opportunities than a dead one. And sometime, they don’t come back. Linkara isn’t afraid to give example of characters in comics who never returned after they died, like his favorite Teen Titan member (who’s name escapes me).
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Becuase ost of the time people are mad at a character being killed off, it’s because most of the time they either get killed off as a cheap way to increase “drama2, or they end up being killed in a way which comes across as unceremonious or unfitting.

People were mad at Joel dying in TLOU2 becuase they spent the whole first game playing as him and thus they had some sort of emotional/personal connection with him, and seeing him get offed not even halfway through the game by a completely new character that not a lot of people like is obviously not going to make people happy.

And as for the “bury your gay” trope, people DO have good reason to be made at that since in fiction, LGBT characters (especially ones made not by people in the LGBT community) have a bad history of constantly being shafted and existing only to be killed off just for a poor attempt at drama, along with the history of the token gay character always being the one to die and not making it to the end of the story.

And with the Voltron example, people where mad at it becuase the creators promised that there would be more LGBT representation, they introduced the boyfriend of one of the main characters, only for him to only appear in one episode and then immediately be killed off an episode later just to try and twist the knife and create more “drama” for the main character, which a lot of fans were not happy about sine they felt like they got baited.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
There’s a time and place to kill character, but killing them for “drama” is neither. It doesn’t add drama, just shows that the writers don’t care about the characters enough to give them a fitting fate.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Fairy Tail was more of an example of a media using falseflag Deaths way too often to the point of pissing everyone off
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Don’t  
There were actually more deaths in that series than people remember (Mavis, Zeref, all of the Etherious demons, all of the Dragons, Hades, Lucy’s dad, Yuri’s wife, and Zera to name a few), but they did use the falseflag death trope too much, ESPECIALLY in the final arc.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I had a moment of pause recently when I realized that the one character to die out of an ensemble I’ve been writing about was also the one black guy in the group.

I sort of accidentally blundered into the “black guy dies first” trope.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide