Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart  
My big problem with it is that it’s all too cynical, serious, and not fun. It’s like they’ve taken this utopian vision of the future and turned it into yet another cynical dystopia. Even Deep Space Nine, for as serious as it was, still had plenty of fun episodes.

Lower Decks, I haven’t seen yet, but it feels a lot like Rick and Morty to me. But who knows, I might end up liking it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

DS9 may have had fun episodes, but it still depicted a universe very, very far from a utopia. What will all the war, genocide, racism, rape, and other horrors.

Pretty much every Star Trek since 3rd season Next Gen has had a slightly cynical look at the future.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
But even it wasn’t as cynical and not fun as the newer Trek shows. Like it still had episodes like “Trials and Tribble-ations,” “Little Green Men,” and “Fascination” to provide relief.

IMO, Star Trek is first and foremost about exploration. Those newer shows are aesthetically more like Blade Runner and plot-wise more like every other bland dystopian piece of sci-fi.

I go to sci-fi for a temporary escape from the shitty world I live in, not to be plunged further into it.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
And for the record, I don’t mind dark media. It’s the overprevalence of dark and cynical media that bothers me.

Movies, shows, etc. can be about a dark subject matter but still have an optimistic and fun way of dealing with it without being cynical. There’s a reason I love Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss, for example.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Again, it’s just teenage drama exaggerated by the tabloids. Teenagers and young adults cheating on others is a common thing, this is just overexposed because all the parties are Hollywood starlets and we have to follow their every living breath step.

Most importantly, it isn’t anything worth getting upset for. They don’t care about the fee fees of others, their managers sure as hell don’t as long as they get their millions from their fanbases.
Background Pony #67F2
@Meanlucario  
Well, “happily ever after” is a myth, busted now, given how 2020 was, it was famous before, but nowadays, many people begun to realise the myth of happy ending, other movies’ studio also suffered this as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide