Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@icey wicey 1517  
Sounds like the fandom’s interpretation of Angel Bunny.

And if that’s the case, than Twi going “that’s mean to say” is misleading since what he said was just an opinion, and if it was to discourage Pinkie, than simply kicking him over would have been a better response that wouldn’t sound like the show is trying to say that having a different opinion is a bad thing.

@Zincy  
Maybe the problem is the parents relying on said shows to raise their children.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

Ah and there is the crux. You’re not actually concerned about the “bad moral” joke, you just hate the show.

Just say that, that you think the show is garbage.

Don’t try and mount a shopbox and make a big kurfufel about morals.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

Not merely fanbases. A lot of people just guve up in all but textual words to live with their own strenght and think people are always stupid or influenciable by stuff just because od it. In real life, a person’s behavior responds to lots and lots of variables that cannot even be understood at times, a single show doesnt say everything about a person’s behavior.

Also,we reached a milestone at 3000 pages
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
As Icey says, that’s not what the context was, and kids aren’t all that “stupid.” You really don’t give kids enough credit.

What other “terrible” morals does that 11-minute cartoon “Preach?” I can actually think of some good ones like helping others, not obsessing over things, and such. So I still see hints of FIM in there.

@Zincy  
Heck, one could argue Pokémon teaches that “weaponizing animals is ok.” (Crazy PETA even tried to claim that.)  
Not everything is some kinda subtle “moral.”

@Meanlucario  
trying to excuse people/organizations/companies/industries just because you like them is a terrible mindset.

Yeah, I love Nintendo, but I’ve criticized them for stuff before, but I still love them.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

You’ve invented an inane quibble with which to attack something that you hate in order to make it seem more of an academic or moralistic distaste than one of simple preference.

No one, in their right mind, would make such a fuss out of a throwaway line in a kids show unless their name was Karen and they were demanding on Twitter to speak with the shows manager.

That little joke is not something kids will internalize for very long, if at all. Nor does it really, as far as I can tell, sit as the main repeated moral of the episode. And without reinforcement, it will be but noise to the kids. Lost in a sea of colors and slapstick.

You’ve made quite the mountain out of a micron on dirt.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Meanlucario  
The actual moral of that episode was more along the lines of “Be careful who you can trust” and that “You shouldn’t excuse someone’s attitude towards others just because they seem helpless”

@Twi Clown  
Well that’s not a good and healthy mindset to have
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

Because people call you out when you say something in a public space?

Tough boots kid, that’s the risk you take when you make an arguement. Someone will make a counter argument. And if you want to debate or argue a point back, expect your riposte to be riposted in turn. That’s debate. Public discourse man.

If you do not wish to be argued with, do not make arguments unto which someone can argue back.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

It is not. It’s sad, some people want to change what they cannot, and forget about the tgings they can actually do.

And I must say, I still think most people do still try to take life headfirst despite everything and are capable of actually think by themselves, but some voices get louder than others and wears me off after a while.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Zincy  
No, because no one wants to argue over the actual quality of the series.

It feels like people just want to pretend that everything is good, when in reality, there’s going to be bad seasons or spin-offs. Pony Life is one of those.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Just because some people like P.L. or later seasons of FIM, despite their faults doesn’t mean we blindly love everything, heck, I was just trying to tell a guy here negative-opinions are “ok,” or did you miss that?

And honestly, I don’t even love P.L., (I haven’t even watched every episode) but I don’t hate it either, and I find it has some amusing moments.

@icey wicey 1517  
TBH I don’t think most kids give a shit about morals on TV shows

Probably, otherwise, nobody my generation would smoke, and stuff.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

Fun fact, I’ve never watched it. In fact, I’ve not watched the actual show since 2016 either.

I interjected because your argument against it was bad enough that even an outside observer found it questionable. Like I said, it was a quibble.

Feel free to rip into the quality of the show. I’m sure it deserves it, from what I can see. But do so without the inane moral grandstanding. It just make you look like an angry Karen ranting about “think of the children”.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Penguin Dragneel  
I disagree, otherwise there wouldn’t be so much discussion, rants, or even controversy/drama in the fanbase in the first place.  
You should see discussions on the series finale alone.

In fact, honestly lately I see bronies express more negative opinions then “blindly positive” ones. So I don’t understand how you could feel that way.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Myoozik

Emm, admittedly I was always very lonely partly because I didn’t like to do anything just merely for the sake of others.

When I notice how people behave, I noticed how similar and at the same time different we are. Because I noticed people can make impressive feats of both smarts and stupidity, I learn that humans are so complex and I got fascinated by us as species and individuals.

There’s nothing more chaotic and fascinating than a human being at least as far as I know and I believe.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide