Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
Okay, so as an example, I ship Gren and Amaya in The Dragon Prince. Most of the rest of the fandom ships Janai and Amaya. Recently, Janaya was basically made canon in the show itself and the show’s lead writer confirmed that Amaya is gay–not bi, mind you.

There are people who would now say that people who continue to ship Gren and Amaya are homophobic. Personally, I think that’s a load of bull.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@TheHappySpaceman  
Shippers will ship no matter what. How many married couples exist in fandoms that people ship with other characters, let alone other sexualities than what they married with?

It’s harmless.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Jarkes  
It makes sense. A Artist is a Person so his/her political views a part of how they see the world, but it does not mean that they have created a work to directly push their view.

Don´t like authoritarian dictatorship and think Democracy is the way of the good? Guess what political Systems the good guys and bad guys are using?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
People acting like politics in art and entertainment is a new thing amuses me.

Its not that you folk don’t like politics in your artwork, its that you don’t like a specific kind of politics.

I’ve seen people pick apart political messages that are subtle, nuanced, or well hidden and still act like they’re “hamfisted”. But when a peice comes along that aligns with their world view suddenly its “see that’s how its done” regardless of the subtlety or lack there of.

I’m fine with people disagreeing or dismantling political points in art, but don’t pretend you’re doing it unbiasedly. Cause you ain’t.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Zincy  
My issue is when a game puts current real world political events in a game or reference certain modern figures in their games. Like if I’m not mistake, Life is Strange 2 deliberately references Trump’s wall, that kind of shit is unnecessary and will be dated in 10 years.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Mikey

And plays making references to specific Roman emperors were dated post his death.

Art can live in the moment just as much as it can live forever.

So we shouldn’t use any real world political or social events in our art and entertainment? Better nuke 60% of all movies, books, games, and plays then.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Those WWII shooters, man arent they dated, with their specific battles and events.

And dang that Sabaton, so dated, all that history.

Better push it into the dust bin. Can’t let our art and entertainment get dated.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
@Zincy  
I don’t exactly think Trump’s presidency is something that needs to be referenced in a game that came out when said presidency was still in place. And I’m sorry but Trump’s term is not exactly comparable to the biggest and bloodiest war that happened in history. Maybe wait 20 years to reference Trump? idk.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Mikey

I don’t think you or anyone can be the arbiter of what is or isn’t worth being in art and entertainment.

Fact of the matter is art will always be a reflection of the times. Plenty of movies, books, and shows referenced current events big and small. That is the nature of out, regardless what you think.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Zincy

At the same time, there’s a lot of instances where I’ve seen liberal politics in art that I thought were VERY poorly-handled. It’s all about execution.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I have no problem with media referencing memes or other pop culture as long as it doesn’t feel like it’s done in a “how do you do, fellow kids?” way.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Zincy  
I think you strawman here hard.

Have not played Life is Strange so I have to ask, Did Trumps wall have any meaning to the Story? Like was there a character affected by it? Or was it just there to be there?

WW2 shooters (hate fps so there is a unpopular opinion) use the Setting. Does it have any meaning? Yes it informs you who is your friend and who is your foe and why you are Fighting.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide