Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
I hope Nintendo Switch online service later on adds SNES, Master system, Mega Drive, Game gear, C64, GB, GBC and Game Boy Advance games to their subscription services.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
My first console was the PS1 and my first handheld was the Gameboy Advance, so every time I hear someone talk about the GameCube and the SNES, I honestly have no idea what they’re talking about.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Scrabbleman  
I can understand not hearing about the SNES but not knowing what the gamecube is when you’ve been with a Ps1 and GBA seems kinda weird.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
There’s a ton of classics on the GameCube that’s begging for rereleases and i’m Sick of Nintendo sitting on it for so long. Just fucking give us GC games on the Switch already, it’s starting to feel really neglected especially when it was the only Nintendo console not getting VC rerelease on the Wii U
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
More proof that it’s important to separate the creator from his creations: If we rejected everything created by horrible people, we would not have access to light, films, telephones, or vinyl albums, since Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Edison were notoriously huge pricks.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman  
You don’t know how much I hate that logic.

So I’m supporting Dan Schneider and his creepy ways just because I still like iCarly? Hell no! I just think it’s still a good show no matter what the creator does IRL.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
More proof that it’s important to separate the creator from his creations: If we rejected everything created by horrible people, we would not have access to light, films, telephones, or vinyl albums, since Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Edison were notoriously huge pricks.

How those two people huge pricks overall? Thomas Edison maybe, seeing as he might have stolen and re-appropriated some of his inventions from other people who already got the idea(Example: Heinrich/Henry Goebbel’s prototype for electric light bulbs).
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Absol95  
As I said, Alexander Graham Bell was a eugenicist. I even recall hearing somewhere that he was partially responsible for sign language not taking off in a major way as communication for deaf people.

That said, it would be difficult not to acknowledge his contributions. Not just with telephones, but with audio engineering. The term “decibels,” which measure amplitude, is half named after him (deci-BEL); that’s why it’s always abbreviated as dB with a capital B.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@TheHappySpaceman  
Roman Polanski is considered a great filmmaker with many excellent films under his belt(not that I would know cause I never watched them)  
You know what he also did ? Rape a underage girl

We can enjoy and even say his movies are great, even if the person who created them belongs on the chopping block

BTW Roman Polanski is making a new film and I don’t give a fuck anyone who stars in it is automatically cancelled
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Commune  
Rosemary’s Baby, Chinatown, and Macbeth are probably my favorites of his. But yes, terrible person.

Also, let’s not forget Phil Spector, notorious music producer and convicted murderer. Even before he was convicted, even during the prime years of his career, everyone in the industry knew he was insane. At the same time, it’s kind of hard to ignore his contributions to music, given that he was everywhere, particularly in the ’60s and ’70s.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

@Commune

I do believe there is a line however.

If someone is just absolutely horrid, to a certain point, it’s ok in my book to “vote with your wallets” and see too it that they never make a cent in their field again.

It’s one thing to still enjoy something retroactively even when you find out the person is terrible. It’s another thing to keep rewarding terrible people.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide