Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
LMAO the games are a pain in the ass when it comes to digivolution. A lot of them have dedigivolve mechanics. Some games have temporary evolutions that end after battle like the anime.
In Digimon World 1, by the time you grind up to an ultimate level digimon, your digimon only has 2-4 days to live. In this game I just get a Garurumon, raise his intelligence until it can take individual attack commands, and spam Ice Statue on everything.
In Digimon World 2 you have to keep fusing digimon. into stronger mons? no… They fuse down into rookies with their level cap slightly raised each time. Solution? just recruit a wild Metal Greymon, get someone with Duo Scissor Claw, and win the game.
Now I got Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and it’s similar to Digimon World 2. Exept now you can fuse, and simply dedigivolve to raise max level. I just got AtlurKabuterimon, that’s my guy. Double Scissor Claw doesn’t work the same way anymore unfortunately.
Cyber Sleuth is underated. It’s like 2 but way better, 249 Digimon, it’s on Steam for gaming computers, the complete edition has two massive stories with the same engine, playtime is through the roof.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
And in CS, the ABI increases with evolution (moreso when devolving than evolving), where DW2’s DP requires fusing. I’m currently working on DW2 and have a Digimon discord helping me.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Fuck yeah. Everyone hates that one, but to me it’s lit. I may have took some fun out spamming the speed up button on emulator plays. Made it too easy, and the speed up music was nauseating.
Bandai likes really grindy games. Almost everyone hates grindy games, but they’re good for keeping hands busy while thinking. In fast paced games there is no time to think about anything but the game.
Grindy games can be good, until you mix them with social expectations. In some MMO’s its hard to actually have fun, because everyones always telling you “you got to grind this out, you got to get this, you need t99s” or w/e
(then the devs wonder why the player base is dwindling, while they keep spoonfeeding incrementally more broken content to the few whales that stay on it, further alienating all the other players)
Only three ways to play an MMO >pretend to be a girl >troll everybody >sell your car for MTX.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Meanlucario
Man, now I really wish that sort of fantasy became a reality
  1. That’s a thing? The propaganda thing?
  2. The sky’s the limit when it comes to video games, who wouldn’t want to escape the real world and immerse themselves in all that? Sounds like fun to me.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
In Pokemon Yellow could you really evolve your Pikachu into Raichu?
@Mr.Myoozik
I don’t get why they had that episode where Pikachu didn’t want to evolve against that gym leader. It feels so forced.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Damn. Growing up sucks, it means having to sacrifice the potential to do anything, just to do something.
Digimon de-evolve to be easier to draw.
Ash’s Pikachu doesn’t evolve to keep the series mascot the same.
Of coarse they can tie it into the story, and aesthetic. Smaller digimon are able to interact with the tamers more, the thunderstone thing can be symbolic for something else. Tying shortcuts into your artistic vision is just smart.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Lord WyrmSpawN
It just seems like it’s telling kids growing up sucks. I think it’s cool to see what new worlds can open up for you as you mature. Kids can grow up both with Ash and Pikachu/Raichu.
@Beth
I guess marketing Raichu would probably be harder.
I don’t know, I still think growing older has both pros and cons. I have more responsability I’m not really prepared for. But at the same time I don’t have the wisdom or willpower I have now. I wouldn’t have even thought to make an account as a kid.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Beth
It’s all about that marketing. And yeah, it’s easier in the anime for the kids to interact with rookies rather than champions, especially when when said champions lack opposing thumbs.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Prince Charming from Shrek the Third was a good villian. He doesn’t have to be like his mom to be a good villian. He manipulated fairy tale villians to fighting against the heroes and I think that’s an interesting angle to go down and fits in line with Shrek’s subversion of tropes.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mr.Myoozik
I can’t agree. It was done because the pre-evolutions are more marketable. It’s why Charizard was the only Kanto starter on Ash’s team to evolve, since the mon would become Gamefreaks special child.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
@Meanlucario
I don’t know, I doubt that the showrunners had money on their mind when considering Ash’s Pikachu. just going by what they thought was best for the series.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Mr.Myoozik
I dunno either. In art there is often an overlap in motives. When i make art, i like it when multiple potential messages and purposes overlap to some degree.
I do feel like Nintendo puts big consideration into Pikachu. Was my first favorite character, I knew he was popular like Mewtwo, but that didn’t bother me.
Still think Lt Surge and Raichu is way cooler.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Nope, never, and if you force a Thunder Stone on your Pikachu he will start to dislike you. You can trade that Pikachu to Red or Blue to evolve him though.
It’s an anime. It’s doing that cliche of “I don’t have to be them to beat them. I am strong on my own.” Anime likes to do this thing where the underdog rookie gets stronger by working hard instead of going the easy way. It’s only different because it’s being done to another innocent Pokemon instead of a big bad villain who does things dirty. Nowadays Raichu seems to be getting some much needed appreciation from the anime though, with many appearances showing off its cuteness.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide