Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Khamzat Chimaev
Their is a couple of problems people aren’t yet realizing because they’re not artist. They’re worthless people who don’t respect art, and wouldn’t buy it anyway so I don’t care. AI artist are like someone who thinks they’re an engineer because they learned how to read a ruler.
I’m studying the limitations to learn how to not only market around AI, but use AI to an advantage in my art.
It is very hard to control AI, it only understands keywords, and limited intructions.
AI cannot fix or modify work it has already created. It doesn’t actually understand all the objects in the work, just the average of what they might look like.
AI cannot make the same character over and over again in different poses. It doesn’t actually understand the idea of a character that stays consistant. When used for comics, the character will radically transform every time, because every pose requires a whole new pool of input data.
The closer AI comes to actually understanding a subject, rather than mashing together averages, the more power intensive and expensive it becomes. The AI that can actually do hands and faces will come out, it will be way more expensive and slow.
It might be able to make your OC once, if somehow it had a large pool of handmade art for your OC. You won’t have any control on the pose, and limited control on the context. Someone tried to get an AI fetish picture of a pony, ofc the AI picks the green anon pony, and doesn’t draw the fetish right because there isn’t enough example data.
It can produce highly detailed gems, but it will never be exactly what it’s in your head, or unique. You can claim rights over an AI peice (legally dubious) and someone else will generate a similar or even identical piece.
The beautiful art is does make are one offs. You can’t get more of the same character, or the same scene. You can’t make a comic or anime in 30 seconds like the people who don’t understand art or AI are claiming.
Only amateur artist that don’t know the application of art are scared of it. AI art will always look like Deviantart on adder al, and nothing more.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Hollowfox The Worst
Art is when someone is free to create their own image.
Making someone elses image is Art-WORK
Society already doesn’t respect artist, free work is like giving our blood to a black hole. AI art shows us that society is completely ready to throw artist under the bus and tell them they’re worthless.
Why would anyone make free art? It only harbors continual disrespect towards artist. In fact the lower my prices are, the less the customer respects me. I actually quit doing art as work completely, and definitely won’t do request. I’m getting a job people actually respect, and just drawing for me and my GF.
Fuck request. Request are for armature artist living with their parents. Every other bit of work in this world cost money.
Just use AI. AI is pretty damn good for a hobbyist despite everything i said.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Arguably so does everyone. I have mountains of peoples work for inspiration, as long as i’m not tracing it or copying their characters, or stepping on their toes who’s going to know or care?
Now I don’t care if people raise ethical concerns about AI. I could use it or not use it. If people want to legally constrain AI, my job is still uneffected. As I said, the people who think AI can replace an artist aren’t willing to pay an artist anyway.
However ethics doesn’t really apply to someone using the AI for their own amusement, even if it was sold (GL) it can’t really effectively capture another persons work. Another persons work is probably like 1 in a million images it uses, all the original soul, and intended purpose is gone.
AI can’t just trace a scene or steal your characters, or even copy your style. Amateur artist are actually rallying against AI simply because they’re afraid of it, even though it is much less capable of blatant theft than a real human artist.
I’m not worried about protecting my work from the machine. It won’t be able to create my style, my style would arguably corrupt it lmao.
To beat AI, or to get what you want out of it, you must understand its limitations. Which still requires a real artist for anything past creepy memes, and beautiful elaborate testaments to nothing.
The people who will be effected the most, are people whos work is already a drop in the bucket, like generic looking anime and furry. People who already don’t know how to or don’t want to navigate and stand out in a market.
Posted Report
Background Pony #967B
I don’t get the Shrek is Love joke (don’t look that up). I mean Shrek is the last guy to act like some weird crazy psycho. This sounds like a joke made by someone who never even watched Shrek. What’s the joke?
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Beth
Nobody likes AI, let alone for stealing art from other people. And I would be happy to pay for expensive commissions if A) I wasn’t autistic and instead be a normal person who isn’t stuck at home and doesn’t mind doing anything else other than my interests and/or B) my parents don’t care if I waste 50 dollars or less whether I get a job or not.
@icicle wicicle 1517
But not everyone does requests.
@Mr.Myoozik
Only if people always say that they don’t do requests and force people to waste money on commissions when people suck at drawing or don’t know how to draw the same art style as any of their favorite shows.
And before anyone says “take art classes”, no art class can help you emulate the same art style as Dana Terrace or Lauren Faust or even your favorite mangaka.
@Meanlucario
But does it justify overpricing commissions from 15 to 100 dollars?
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Hollowfox The Worst
That means you don’t have the money for art.
I myself cannot afford for other people to draw for me, and I don’t ask for it. I’m not impressed by your stance.
If you want free art yourself, start trying to make it, other artist will emphasize with you. Or you can find a desperate artist willing to draw for 10-20$
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
“why doesn’t someone give me a free car or clean my house for free? my parents don’t give me enough”
You’re parents give you money?! I have to pay my mom to live here, and never had an allowance in my life.
You’re not entitled to something because your broke. Join the destitutes like the rest of us.
Posted Report
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
But not everyone does requests
Yeah, because not every artist can afford to do a high quality art piece for free. Most of them rely on commissions to make a living.
That’s like asking Kira Buckland to take a couple of hours out of her busy day to read/record your fanfic, and expecting her to do it for free. If you want free art that badly, just enter any raffles that the artists might do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide