Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Okay, but if you want one of many things wrong with China… look, let’s cut the BS: We aren’t going to act as though we don’t know that China is a massively homophobic country whose tight grasp on the movie business is the main reason we still haven’t seen many LGBT+ leading characters in blockbusters, are we?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I’m not entirely sure what their reasons are, but the way I see it, bigotry is bigotry regardless of justification.

@Myoozik  
I find it incredibly amusing that that music video was made by Aardman Animations, which would later become famous for films like Chicken Run, Flushed Away, and the Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the Sheep franchises.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Broken Adam  
Apparently China found the original film disrespectful.

However, if I were to guess why they removed Li Shang, I’d say that they’re just using the #MeToo thing as an easy scapegoat to hide their true intentions of removing him.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
The producer of the new Mulan says that removing Li Shang from the film was influenced by the #MeToo movement, as “Having a commanding officer that is also the sexual love interest was very uncomfortable and we didn’t think it was appropriate.”

Never mind the fact that Shang’s entire arc is about realizing that Mulan isn’t lesser than him because she’s a woman, and having him learn and grow because of her, which is a lesson men could learn in this climate.

Of course, as I was saying, we all know that the real reason they removed him was because of his implied bisexuality.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide