Viewing last 25 versions of post by Beth in topic Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
[@Vivace](/forums/dis/topics/unpopular-opinion-time-super-alpha-no-pony-edition?post_id=5363649#post_5363649)

[@Meanlucario](/forums/dis/topics/unpopular-opinion-time-super-alpha-no-pony-edition?post_id=5363653#post_5363653)
There will be malicious appropriation of art, tech bros trying to steal an artist style , work and image.

More laws need to be developed, but some of these tech guys are just trying to make a living the only way they know how, the same as digital artist who insist they can't adapt to the new landscape.

The law is going to take a long time to develope, but artist have no right to limit what kind of tech we use.

The idea that ai needs anymore than pictures of the natural world and some drawings from willing individuals is insane. When AI law is complete, I'll sell my art specifically for use by prompters and programmers. I often get complimented for my smooth hand, that's hard to learn with just computers.

---
Many artist already operate in bad faith with other artist.

---
Also nobody said that assuming someone can see it means they have rights to use it. Artist already have massive archives between themselves of images that are free for anyone to use.
No reason given
Edited by Beth
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
[@Vivace](/forums/dis/topics/unpopular-opinion-time-super-alpha-no-pony-edition?post_id=5363649#post_5363649)

[@Meanlucario](/forums/dis/topics/unpopular-opinion-time-super-alpha-no-pony-edition?post_id=5363653#post_5363653)
There will be malicious appropriation of art, tech bros trying to steal an artist style , work and image.

More laws need to be developed, but some of these tech guys are just trying to make a living the only way they know how, the same as digital artist who insist they can't adapt to the new landscape.

The law is going to take a long time to develope, but artist have no right to limit what kind of tech we use.

The idea that ai needs anymore than pictures of the natural world and some drawings from willing individuals is insane. When AI law is complete, I'll sell my art specifically for use by prompters and programmers. I often get complimented for my smooth hand, that's hard to learn with just computers.

---
Many artist already operate in bad faith with other artist.
No reason given
Edited by Beth