Things that scared you as a kid

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Mr.Myoozik
Balloons popping also frightens me. It didn’t help when mom and I saw “Nope” and the balloons popping under studio lights caused a stressed-out chimp to lose it and attack the cast during the live taping, the balloons still popping randomly during the aftermath
Posted Report
Farnesy911
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Twixie Should Be Canon
Had and still have severe Thalassophobia. Episode 3 of Walking With Dinosaurs terrified me back in 1999. Still scares the shit out of me. I hated taking baths; fortunately I’ve got a shower now. Grown a fondness for sharks since I learned more about them though.
NormNavPon3
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

I was afraid of heights and the dark for my entire childhood. Didn’t help that I’d fallen down the stairs a few times, and I still get nightmares about overly dramatic falls to this day. I used to think bugs were the coolest thing, until I was turning over rocks with a friend, and I saw a huge orange spider that awakened a primal fear in me.
I also remember the old Disney movies freaking me out, because my Mom would put them on for me when I was sick, and a lot of scenes hit different when you’re nauseous and blinking in and out of fever dreams. The old Hanna-Barbera star logo used to freak me out for a similar reason, because I associated it with the really dark 1980s Pound Puppies cartoon. I forget if we had an episode of it on VHS or the original 1985 special, but it involved the dogs trying to escape the pound before the cruel manager could gleefully euthanize them in a gas chamber.
Background Pony #E6D9
Common but the dark, I would even sleep with a light on and I had reccurring dreams related to being surrounded in darkness
And now I prefer darkness :p
Jamin-P-Rose
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Always Horny
Vomit, weirdest fuking thing. Had a nightmare about it where everyone was sick to their stomach and spewing.
Also bees/wasps but that’s also an active terror even as an adult.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Balloons, I really hated the popping sound of it cause it was so loud and starting that I would cry everytime. Even now as an adult I still get uneasy when I hear balloons pop.
DSB71013
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

This is weird, but at some point as a kid I lost the ability to look at windows when it’s dark outside. I had this unshakable feeling that there would be something on the other side of the window, looking in. I could not look. No, I could not look. It was like if you try to poke yourself in the eye and your hand just will not move any closer. I could not make myself look. My head would not obey the order to turn and look.
After a few years it stopped. I’m fine now. I do not know what started it in the first place. I have no memory of ever looking out the window and actually seeing something looking in.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide