The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

The★Rickmeister
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
I’m rewatching Arc-V for some ungodly reason, and I’ve gotten to the Sora vs Kurosaki duel (Episode 33/34), and one of the characters genuinely asks how a monster with only 100 ATK (the monster in question being Raidraptor - Rise Falcon) can be anywhere near as powerful as Yuya says it is.
Never mind the fact that she lost to Gem-Knight Topaz’s effect, which only has 1800 ATK.
Also, I’m not sure whether it’s more hilarious or depressing that doing a simple rank up, (in this case, Rise Falcon to Blaze Falcon) is considered to be some kind of high-tier mechanic that only the very best can do well, if at all, especially when one of the other characters uses a Constellar deck, and is consistently able to go anywhere from rank 4-upwards with basically no effort.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Also, I’m not sure whether it’s more hilarious or depressing that doing a simple rank up, (in this case, Rise Falcon to Blaze Falcon) is considered to be some kind of high-tier mechanic that only the very best can do well,
Hopefully it’s not a dealbreaker for you like it was for Meanlucario XD.
I’m guessing the schools that teach it or have access to different extra deck monsters are really rare or just don’t exist in the standard dimension. Also there’s a whole thing where depending on which dimension you were born in it generates a lot of energy when you use its native summon method.
Arc-V is weird.
The★Rickmeister
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Sparx
So it’s like the ener-d reactor from 5D’s, but for each respective universe and mechanic?
Also the schools having access to in-universe extremely rare or otherwise non-existent cards is the only logical explanation I’m able to think of, which is likely why it’s surprising for someone else to do it so easily, because characters from other worlds don’t have the same limitations, so to speak.
The★Rickmeister
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Sparx
Not-kaiba is probably my favourite description of him so far. One of the few things he’s missing is a fusion of his 3k ATK monsters, assuming they ahven’t made one in the OCG or TCG.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
You know, normal duels having physics kinds of ruins shadow duels and the like. What’s special about shadow duels making the damage real when that’s already the case? Imagine how much more impactful it is when the protagonist feels the wind of a “the damage is real” duel and slowly realize that something isn’t right. Than bam! A direct attack that actually cause them to be knocked back. Imagine the narrative impact of that.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Also, I saw the plot twist of Vetrix being the crazy trio’s father coming. Just thought I’d mention that during Duel Link’s Heartland event being how I’m learning about this storyline.
The★Rickmeister
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
Stupid question, but since Jinzo’s effects prevents the activation of, and negates the effects of trap cards, does that mean you can revive it with CoTH, and then keep it on the field, since Call’s destruction effect is also negated?
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@The★Rickmeister
I looked it up and found this
You can use “Call of the Haunted” to Special Summon “Jinzo” from your Graveyard. After “Jinzo” is Special Summoned, the effect of “Call of the Haunted” is negated and “Call of the Haunted” remains on the field meaninglessly. However, if “Call of the Haunted” is destroyed (by “Mystical Space Typhoon”, etc.) “Jinzo” will not be destroyed because “Call of the Haunted”’s effect is being negated by “Jinzo”.
If you chain “Call of the Haunted” to the activation of another Trap Card, such as “Trap Hole”, then “Call of the Haunted” will resolve first. If you Special Summon “Jinzo” with “Call of the Haunted” in a chain like this, then “Jinzo” will negate the effect of the Trap Card you chained to (“Trap Hole”, in this example).
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@The★Rickmeister
I think he’ll still come out of the grave.
Some more info
Just to add on to that, once Jinzo has been successfully summoned by CotH, its trap negation effect will immediately kick in negating CotH.
CotH will remain face up on the field, still targeting Jinzo, but if CotH is destroyed, Jinzo will negate the effect of CotH to destroy Jinzo and Jinzo will remain face up on the field.
If Jinzo is destroyed, then the CotH that was targeting that Jinzo would be destroyed by CotH’s effect because Jinzo is no longer negating it.
If Jinzo is negated by Effect Veiler, then CotH is no longer negated during that turn and if one of those cards is destroyed that turn, then the other would be destroyed by CotH’s effect.
Finally, if Jinzo is flipped face down by Book of Moon, then the CotH would lose its face up target and if face down Jinzo would be destroyed, CotH would not be destroyed because it’s not targeting Jinzo anymore and, in addition, if Jinzo would be flipped face up again, CotH would not regain its target, so if one of those cards is destroyed, the other would not be destroyed by CotH’s effect under any circumstances.
The★Rickmeister
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Sparx
I think I misread the paragraph you posted in the first reply.
You can use “Call of the Haunted” to Special Summon “Jinzo” from your Graveyard. After “Jinzo” is Special Summoned, the effect of “Call of the Haunted” is negated and “Call of the Haunted” remains on the field meaninglessly.
I’m assuming this means that CoTH will remain on the field, but will essentially be a ‘dead card’ and won’t be doing anything other than taking up space, though I could be horribly wrong.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide