The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

The★Rickmeister
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
Oh no, Meklords has invaded Duel Links!? How can we stop them?! Easily beats them using Superheavy Samurai

This, but with aromage.  
I could take the extra deck out and I don’t think anything would change.
The★Rickmeister
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Meanlucario  
Blackwings can easily get around them, since Sirocco allows a Blackwing to gain the combined attack of all blackwings on the field, except itself, and Gale cuts the ATK and DEF of one monster your opponent controls permanently.  
There’s also Chidori, which lets you to destroy a number of opponents cards up to the amount of blackwing monsters you control, except itself, and blackback allows you to return a face-up monster your opponent controls to their hand when you special summon a blackwing, and then gain LP equal to its ATK.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mugen Kagemaru  
No, I just play Clear Mind in my head.

Speaking of 5D’s, ever notice that Yusei and Syrus both have an ep where they need to get over their self-doubt to be able to use one of their better cards?
deactivated843b8160732

>answers the question then immediately changes the subject in the same post

Wow, okay, guess I touched a nerve with that one. Message received, though. Topic “summon chants” is henceforth blacklisted.

I didn’t watch enough of GX to see Syrus doubt himself, but if makes sense that he would have such an ep.

5D’s, on the other hand… it’s been ten years and I’m surprised I remember Rally’s surname.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Mugen Kagemaru  
I wasn’t trying to be aggressive, just stating that I play Clear Mind in my head instead.

It was a machine fusion card that almost cost Syrus a duel as a child until his brother stopped him, and Jaden dueled and lost to said brother to help Syrus overcome his self doubt.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Got around to watching more sub of GX. My notes:

How can one of the twins activate Tribute Doll, a normal spell card, from his hand on Syrus’s turn?
He normal summoned a monster he was going to use as fusion material anyway. Syrus deserves to be in Red at best.
Kazejin’s effect only works when it’s the one attacked. Was it not released by the time of this ep of GX?
Gate Guardian would be a great fusion, or even contact fusion.
Again, normal summon fusion material? Jaden is also an idiot. Red is too good for them.
You know, Darkhole would be a great solution to this problem.
Also, using “turn” instead of “episode” is kind of dumb.
Hey, spot removal. Something you rarely see in the anime.
Also, isn’t it weird that Gate Guardian lacks the protection the monsters used to summon it have? Seems like bad card design (though with early anime Yu-Gi-Oh, what isn’t?).
Wonder if Dark Guardian will get an OCG/TCG release with a decent effect other than “high attack that can’t be destroyed by battle and very specific way to summon it.”
And Jaden remembers that he doesn’t need to summon fusion materials to use them as materials.
Why not send the drill to the grave instead? They only said that cards are sent to the grave, not spells/traps, and it’s dead weight at this point.
I wonder what french people think of sub Crowler.
Hey, Zane smiled. Always nice to see the serious one smile every now and than.
And now for the Bastion ep. I miss scientific Bastion, but I can live with that Bastion being a TCG exclusive. I did look ahead, and I see a sea of fillers after this ep. I’m scared.
Also, what blasphemy is it that they’re doing sports in an university for card games? That’s like a light/dark deck being on the top of competitive that doesn’t have a single Chaos card. It’s just unnatural.
And Crowler is dead. He was a prick,so no one cares too much.
You know, Crowler shouldn’t mocking Chazz for losing to Jaden when he himself lost to Jaden thanks to his puffball with the boost.
Well, he’s still very much a nerd, so I’m happy.
You know, a necklace of live grenades is more than a little edgy.
What were they doing on that cliff, I wonder? Nudge nudge wink wink
Bastion opens his shirt and it’s not decks under it.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Time for more thoughts on GX’s episodes.

Time for the dueling monkey ep, and a sea of filler. This isn’t going to be fun.
Syrus is worried that Chazz killed himself. The tone of this ep is going to be a mess, isn’t it?
I forgot how mini the Blue skits are.
That monkey is getting a handful of blue ass it seems.
Why doesn’t she at least scoot off the tree to the ground?
Bananas as LP because monkey! Monkey/Gorilla deck because monkey! This pisses me off more than it should.
At least we’re not having a Holiday Special where the character only speaks in grunts.
Monkeys can hear the voices of spirits. One put for starting the spirit stuff early, minus two for it being stupid either way.
Hey, it’s the Tristan monkey. Weird how I remember that from watching the show when I was a child.
You know, I wish the monkey’s manner of speaking was broken, to show that it only knows these terms because how it was taught to speak.
I wonder why the named the cat after Atem.
“I found Chazz, though you might not want to look at what’s left of him.”
I just counted 8 filler episodes in a row. That’s not going to be fun. At least the Jinzo one is next, and uses a Solem card.
Since when has Ouija boards ever resulted in anything good in a world when evil spirits actually exist?
Jinzo isn’t worth three tributes. Sounds like you guys were given a bad deal, even if he did meant cards.
Hey, it’s the doll that Arkana used, and the spell that synthesizes with it he also used. Why do I keep remembering this stuff?
Shadow Game sounds better/cooler than Dark Game, to be frank.
Below the knees isn’t half the body.
Wait, if Jaden didn’t destroy Ectoplasmer, he could have used it after Rampart Blaster attacked and win the game. He used its effect with Avian, so why not now?
“Duel spirits really do exist.” You’re friend is a winged furball. That wasn’t a question for you until now.
Time for a tennis themed deck.
And Crowler is dead yet again. How tragic.
Physical fitness is important in general, so stop whining Jaden.
Why is he calling her a youth? Aren’t they both Blue?
Is Crowler making a bad a jab or am I over thinking things?
Keep it in your skit, woman.
Obelisk Blue Fairy should be offical support for Obelisk.
Wow, Service Ace is a dirty card. The user isn’t even punished for playing it. Why didn’t the Arcana Forces cards be this good despite being another gambling archetype?
How is he on the same level as Cyber Dragons when using such a bad monster?
Wow, Deuce sounds like a very gimmicky card, just on how you activate it. Each player has to have 1000 LP exactly.
Giant Racket looks dumb.
I forgot he was a crybaby.
So 4Kids didn’t add Jaden not knowing what he signed up for. Good to know, though they did had her saying “it means friend,” where she calls him an idiot in the sub.
Wow, sore loser much? Pretty sure he just calls out Alexis’ name in the dub.
Time for the Goblin Giant. Also, way to spoil who’s doing it before the title card.
“Are there the eyes of a liar?” I can’t say yes hard enough.
I find holograms producing are currents dumb.
There’s something about this ep I like, to be honest.
Now Alexis is a tsundere. Joy.
I can’t say I’m surprised that the sub calls him Tarzan, considering how I’m pretty sure that was the inspiration.
His name is Taizan? Wow, and I thought that pun names was a 4Kids thing.
I want to make a joke about Taizan being very muscular, but I have nothing.
Wait, was that an illegal “win the match” card? It is. Victory Dragon being in the canon raises many questions.
I’m seeing Rampart Blaster used more often than Flame Wingman at this point. I feel like people saying the latter is his ace overestimate its presents.
How could he predict what Jaden would draw in a deck he never looked at before? I call cheating.
OK, why are terrible normal monsters in every deck? At least the Elemental Heroes have an archetype.
And he lost his buff body after a clothe change. Too much work to anime I guess.
Next up is the Yugi deck. This one I don’t remember, so I’m kind of excited for it. I think this is the ep where they reveal that the universe has a ban list, which is still weird to me.
Those guards are useless.
Unless you have Yugi/Atem’s luck, Yugi’s deck is kind of terrible.
How much does it cost to make a duel disk, I wonder.
Yugi wins by luck. Even back than, it wasn’t a good deck.
I wish Dark Magician saw who was playing him and looked pissed off about it and half-assed his attacks.
Ah, Dark Magician Girl, the card with a fanbase that even GX knows about. I’m not a fan of it, to be frank, nor the ep where she becomes real and date Syrus. I may skip that ep to keep my sanity.
“But Yugi’d deck is the only one with Dark Magician Girl in it!” Oh Syrus, you naive fool.
Just look her up on Danbooru, Syrus.
Wow Burstinatrix is a terrible shot.
I love how Kuriboh finds Mr. Copycat acting like Yugi is awkward but playing along to a degree.
Hey, he’s summoning a chaos monster. Wish we had more cards who did that with elemental attributes.
Mirror match time.
Even the bird passing by wants nothing to do with this.
Next up is Blair’s ep. I’ll watch that another time.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Btw Mean, which series were you watching before GX? Was it Duel Monsters or 5ds and did you finish it?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide