The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I feel like this scene is misunderstood. Pa Kent didn’t want the truth about his son to come out until he was ready for it. Yes Clark has super speed, but those other people in Smallville still would’ve seen him. Pa Kent would rather die than have his son’s secret be revealed to the world prematurely. And Clark respected his father so much that he listened and let him die even though it pained him more than anything.
To me it was beautiful and emotional. But that’s just my POV.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Spidey10
John is clearly worried about his son’s welfare more than his own.
And I think as painful as it was for Clark, he and Martha knew he already he had a full life. He was ready to die. He would sacrificr himself not his son’s reputation.
I think there’s an honor to that. In the context of the movie, I think it works.
One might say him having a heart attack would show how even Superman can’t save everyone. But this Man of Steel is going more for the aliens on earth theme.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Super maximum plus ultra number 1 Across the Spiderverse spoilers.
Peter and Miles really shouldn’t have taken that bagel.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Saw Across The Spiderverse and it’s legit amazing, I actually liked it a lot more than the first, which is an insane feat
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
Just saw Spider-Verse and it really blows my mind how, even with the ups and downs, Sony has treated Spider-Man with much more respect than Warner Bros. has with Batman and Superman.
And Sony doesn’t even own Spider-Man.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@SleepySteve
Spiderverse always felt like an exception to the rule, look at how many pointless Spiderman spin-off movies(El Muerte, Madame Web) Sony has been trying to push or the quality of the ones already out(Venom and Morbius)
Spidey10

Even then they aren’t anywhere near as bad as Superman III and IV, Batman & Robin and Batman v. Superman.
Morbius was shit, though. I hope Jared Leto never gets near another superhero movie ever again.
What are you talking about? Morbius transcended from being a film into being something that changes people’s lives. XD
Seriously though, Morbius was bad, but I don’t think it’s as bad as many say. It’s a mess with very choppy editing, but it’s become a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine because of a lot of the bad stuff in it combined with things that I think actually were good about the film like the more serious tone, some of the action (When you can actually tell what’s going on), the score, Matt Smith’s over the top performance as Milo (And that goofy as hell dance scene), and Jared Leto’s surprisingly very good performance as Michael Morbius.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I like how the Spiderverse movies focus on lesser known villains over the A-listers. But I still kinda want Venom or Carnage to appear.
Symbiotes would look spectacular in this style of animation. Hell, they could still go obscure and give us Toxin or Scream.
Spidey10

I like how the Spiderverse movies focus on lesser known villains over the A-listers. But I still kinda want Venom or Carnage to appear.
Symbiotes would look spectacular in this style of animation. Hell, they could still go obscure and give us Toxin or Scream.
Wouldn’t be completely surprised if Tom Hardy’s Venom shows up in the next one for a bit.
Spidey10

@SleepySteve
Spiderverse always felt like an exception to the rule, look at how many pointless Spiderman spin-off movies(El Muerte, Madame Web) Sony has been trying to push or the quality of the ones already out(Venom and Morbius)
Venom 1 was actually a fun film though IMO. Not perfect (At all), but as a fan of the character I walked out having had a good time. Venom 2 was a letdown though for me. Hoping Venom 3 is better.
And while Morbius was bad, I think it can still be entertaining for it’s badness and it’s good qualities.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Well.
I mean.
It’s certainly possible.
Y’all need to watch the movie already. It’s great, and it gets crazy and there are things that need to be talked about.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I had blocked out a lot of what happened in End Times, the canonical ending of Warhammer fantasy.
Was randomly reading some wiki entries. I had forgotten that for all the machinations of Chaos and clashing gods, the world ended because Boring Von Carstein decided to be a dick one last time.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
So James wood made a anti pride month tweet using a gif from asdfmovie.
You know the videos by tomska who supports pride. Even did pride shirts using Asdfmovie
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide