The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@icicle wicicle 1517
There was a period in time when he was allowed to grow, 60s through early 2000s, They had they’re high school peter in Ultimate so there was no need to keep him in Stasis. And then it happened.
After that Peter is basically kept in Status Quo highschool mode forever. The reasoning behind it was to keep Spidey fresh and relatable by always harkening back to the golden age of the 60s through 90s, except he was allowed to change back then.
I get the reasoning but I find it spurious because I genuinely feel letting him age would still work. Like Unironically I think they should undo it through some magic marvel Crisis bullshit, not the first time it’s happened, Maybe Konshu gets to do it this time…he’s technically good ish (He can’t do stuff like that but Mephisto couldn’t either before so why not.)
Magic bullshit. Peter beats whoever the bad guy is this time, comes back home to being married with MJ and woah what’s this 14 year old Mayday Parker? There. You get to keep the relatable high school side and let peter age. Problem solved, people will absolutely buy Spider Girl. Get a whole new slate of stories to tell with Peter being worried as shit about his kid and whatever new villain of the week shows up.
no just make it needs a big fight against the devil to get this reversed. make it a spiderverse thing. a big event “saying not one more day” or something.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I once did that to that to my little brother, but by saying that loaning him $2 meant I was loaning him $20.
He gave up after a few minutes and just asked my big brother for the other $18.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
A men in black reboot could actually work. But not with the silly one we saw as kids.
This one. The original
Where they fought Aliens, Demons, etc, we’re only nominally the good guys, and the neuralizer was the barrel of a Remington.
Slap a “Based on the original comic” in the trailer, an hard R Rating, and don’t question whether it’s a good idea to play to peoples conspiratorial sides in this current moment and we have ourselves a movie that may or may not sell. People will drum up some interest in it alone by the sheer confusion of why the franchise they thought was child friendly ish is suddenly grim and violent and they get corrected by nerds going Well “Acktually The Original was…”. The Youtube explainers alone save a small percent of the marketing budget.
No guarantee it works. But it might.
@SleepySteve
“Easy money. People Love Men in Bl- OH NO!”
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@WaynePonePone
I like the old school ones. Where it’s about aliens and bigfeet and Area 51. Back when it was a stupid and fun niche. The new ones are just…depressing because it’s leaked into the real world arena and often just smokescreen for being an awful person.
Cryptids are still cool though! Cryptids can’t betray me! They’re just cool monsters.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Artist -

The Bestia
One conspiracy I like to bring up when I can is Bohemian Grove, because it’s VERY fun to pick apart. It’s framed as the world’s richest coming together to worship their owl god and plan how take over the world and hurt us all MWHAHAHAHA. Except that loses the forest for the trees.
It’s a bunch ultra rich nerds who already more or less do have alot of control over the world through uh being the richest dudes on the planet coming together to LARP with a statue they bought because they’re bored and want to feel special. This is how all rich dude secret societies have been, they want to feel special so they make up a club. Any plans made are how to make more money, because they’re all business men. Yeah people will get hurt by their plans, but not in a comic book evil plan way. In EA made a billion dollars this year, announced layoffs so they have to pay less people, and will make the leftover work longer and harder so next years profits can be EVEN HIGHER way. It’s pure apathy rather than outright hatred, though admittedly do hate those they view as lesser, but again it’s not Ultron looking at humans, it’s a medieval lord seething about those dirty peasants.
@WaynePonePone
For me it’s Nessie or Mothman. Probably mothman cause I hear there’s sometimes time travel bullshit with him and that’s just fun.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Artist -

The Bestia
@WaynePonePone
There’s some good stuff like that where people talk about raptors and megaladons being still alive.
Not true because, I mean it’s a dinosaur and any megaladon if they somehow managed to just stay the same shape and alive as a species for millions of years would have met their end to Japanese shark finning boats. They would have been target locked and be served for dinner by months end.
But its fun to imagine.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The Sony Spiderman Noir and Silk projects are on hold for the WGA strikes.
Well, Sony products are definitely ones that can’t afford to go without writers.
Oh and Deadpool 3 has started filming in spite of the strike. Considering X-Men Origins was made during the last strike, uh, good luck?
Edit: Filming on the MCU Thunderbolts project is halted too.
We’re never gonna get the Red Hulk.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
More details on the Max “Creators” debacle.
In the rush to transition HBO Max to Max this week, a unit within WBD’s sprawling IT department took the credits matter in their own hands and keyboards. With the plentitude of dramas, comedies, specials, animation, movies and unscripted material from WB, HBO, Discovery and more in the Max inventory, it was decided to create a reductive catch-all format so everything in place for launch. Unfortunately for all concerned, tech team’s efforts never went up the corporate flagpole, where they might have been corrected. The internal consequence of which was most top level WBD executives didn’t even know about the fumble until the slightly shaky launch of Max was live and the criticisms were pouring in online.
Nice functioning media conglomerate you got there.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What generally gives poltergeists the ability to mess with the living physical world?
Do the greater powers that be just randomly choose which people will have a powerful ghost form lingering around after death?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Ghosts are the spirits of people who don’t “pass on” or still hold some earthly tether keeping them bound.
So basically they get the benefits of being both corporeal and incorporeal.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@CaptainXtra
I’m willing to chalk that up to being on a planet strong in the Force to allow a ghost to do stuff.
The rest of it though Yoda acting like he destroyed the ancient text to Luke so it can be revealed to the audience that Rey took them is… sub-par.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide