The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Between Ant-Man 3’s monster second-weekend drop and Shazam II outright flopping it seems that multiverse-connected comic book movies are finally hitting the ceiling.
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
Superhero movies are going the way of the western and every other trend before it. About damn time.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Kiryu-Chan
Spider-Verse 2 isn’t connected to any larger universe and GoTG Vol. 3 will be the last we see of the Guardians for the foreseeable future.
Not only that, but Thor 3 and Wakanda Forever failed to outgross their predecessors.
The fatigue is real.
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
@icicle wicicle 1517
No. The Superhero trend is now leaving the deconstruction phase and beginning to enter the decline. There will no doubt still be the occasional hit just as westerns still produce a hit, but the superhero fatigue has set in and people crave something new. Superheroes films are no longer the guaranteed money makers or cultural centrepiece they were.
And I’ll add that while American comics are dying, that don’t mean all western comics are in a similar stagnant state.
French comics are massive and boast a variety of genres and excellent art that easily outstrips both America & Japan.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Background Pony #02EE
It’s very eerily similar to what befell comic books in the 90s, when Marvel and DC prioritized keeping every story connected to the overall universe as opposed to letting writers write, you know, good stories that could be enjoyed on their own.
Granted, it was a desperate attempt to get sales back up, but it didn’t work anyway; Marvel infamously went bankrupt and that was the whole reason they sold the film rights of their characters off to so many studios in the first place.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Kiryu-Chan
Spider-Verse 2 isn’t connected to any larger universe and GoTG Vol. 3 will be the last we see of the Guardians for the foreseeable future
>”those don’t count!”
And there it is
Also worth mentioning things going against Wakanda Forever like the original lead actor dying, but still did well critically and commercially
Background Pony #02EE
@Background Pony #02EE
Give it time and they’ll get desperate enough to bring back Robert Downy Jnr or straight up reboot the Marvel movies so they can bring back the A-list heroes.
It won’t help though. Anyone who thought this Fad would last is ignorant of history. Every Trend comes and goes in cycles and cape shit is winding down now.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I want to hack my old phone so I can put a bunch of nintendo games on it, image viewers and comic readers, no phone shit left on it, even sanded off the logo on the case. Unfortunately there is too many shady downloads involved, some phones have the easy root options. I am using Tmobile Revvl 4. I’m going to use bluetooth mini keyboard to test games, and if it works, i’ll get a mini bluetooth controller.
It’s a pain in the ass. Back in the day I had no respect for my equipment or computer, and would find the right files through bruteforce. Now I don’t roll that way. The landscape of rooting has also changed.
I want a handheld game thing that’s not my workphone. I don’t have the money to get whatever nintendo is selling, I just want to play old stuff like Mario Lost Levels, and Megaman 2, castlevania etc. I should look, nintendo might offer such a thing for cheap.
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
@Beth
You really can’t afford a switch? Not even second hand light version? It’s got all the games you wanna play ready to go on virtual console. It’s a lot more convenient.
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
For 35$ Nintendo sells a Game and Watch device, it’s tiny and it plays Zelda. Why don’t they just have a cheap thing that can go on the internet or a kiosk and buy old nintendo games for 5$ a pop? You see me pirating, but I hardly see nintendo sellin.
For people that just want something to fiddle with, Bandai got the vital bracelets going on, that look like smart watches.
@Background Pony #02EE
I want something i can leave laying around in my bag on a jobsite, and i don’t have a car to lock it in.
But actually yeah. Switch Lite seems good, if the joysticks could be replaced. I would get a switch. I am a PC gamer though, all real money goes into PC.

EDIT:
The Mario game and watch has lost levels too. It should be like 20$ tho, not 50$
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide