The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
So the backrooms is getting a movie from A24.
kane parsons will be directing but he 17 and has to do during his summer vacation.
No way is it not going to be an hilarious disaster
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@northern haste
Considering the last time Hollywood made a movie out of a ceeepypasta, we got Slenderman… not exactly having high hopes for this
Also I thought giving the backrooms more lore takes away from the initial spookiness
Posted Report
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@northern haste
I’m not that skeptical about it. Nobody says it has to be done this year.
In the meantime he could just do more backrooms vids as part of lorebuilding, required viewing, or even marketing. The cool thing about unfiction/ARG/Creepypasta is that most of the story isn’t contained or even elaborated in one feature-length media.
If the backrooms movie doesn’t try to jam-pack expositions or try to bring regular audience up to speed on what the backrooms are, then it could just be his usual backrooms videos, but 90 minutes.
Actually an anthology of five to six stories with different styles would serve it better. Heck, one can even adapt some of the stories already present in the Wiki (with credit to original authors ofc)
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I’d welcome more Backrooms stuff if they ever included more floors or weird monsters. Seems like they always grab stuff from the same small pool, and I once happened upon this site describing so much more stuff, almost to the level of being an SCP catalogue.
Does no one else want to see the Arcade Level?
Posted Report
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@northern haste
Is his youth your primary concern for the quality of the movie, or his schedule that you’re worried about?
If it’s the latter then in about two years it’s not gonna be much of an issue.
If it’s about his age and lack of skill, then he can compensate by asking experienced directors for help.
Besides, if Backrooms movie end up sucking, it won’t take anything away from Backrooms the creepypasta, since the movie is just one story among many.
Backrooms is more likely gonna be screwed over by shitposts, bad writers and memes than one movie.
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
The backrooms movie should do everything to avoid having any kind of flow or narrative.
It should be jarring and disorientating the whole time. Leaving people feeling unnerved and confused. Like kinda unsatisfying but not enough to be angry about.
Sure it could sometimes have monsters, but it needs key defining moments where there is nothing for a long time. Maybe flashbacks the monsters that turns out to be an imagination or dream.
I think I’m going to cringe and barf if it ends up structured like every other movie.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Things in Video Games that annoy me rant time:

I’ll never understand why Riflemen type enemies of any kind always like to charge the player in most Shooter Games.
I’m not just talking about Bolt Snipers specifically either…
Even with Automatic or Fast Semi-Rifles, IT’S STILL A RIFLE.
YOU HAVE RANGE ADVANTAGE, GETTING CLOSER RUINS THAT.
Let the Shotgunners, Dedicated Machine Gunners, or even the cannon-fodder Pistol grunts charge the player first while you provide cover for them, THATS YOUR JOB AS A RIFLEMAN!
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@CaptainXtra
I like playing close combat. Hostile takeover with deadly close quarters combat. Moving calmly, quietly and deceptively, taking out free radicals with silenced, small arms. Then positioning big arms and explosives to rapidly devastate an installation before anyone can respond.
In minecraft I mean
But yeah they never make the rifleman right. You would have to build the level so that clunky ai has the advantage over a human who actually knows how to rifleman.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Honestly I never find Backrooms scary to begin with. What makes it scary is what we don’t see instead of “monster in a maze” like a typical horror game. When the monster is shownm it’s honestly kind of underwhelming. I feel like the movie would make it more than less insead of less which means more for horror, but who knows? Maybe it’s gonna be different.
No ill toward Parsons though. I’ve never watched his video, only from other people’s reactions, but he is pretty impressive for such a young person with limited budget. I’m sure even if the movie flops, he’d still have a steady job afterward, but then again this is Hollywood.
@Beth
That’s a great idea, and I wish there is no monster at all. Being trapped in a structure with no resources at all to help you survive is already scary enough for me.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Dustcan
Still haven’t watched Infinite Darkness, but I really like the CGI RE films. They give us interactions we think would never happen, and I really look forward to Leon finally meeting Jill.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Beth
Unironically, a terrible movie might just be the perfect Backrooms movie.
It’s liminal space. You’re not supposed to have a clear narrative from a liminal space picture or video.
The idea is for you to piece together what might have happened.
Half of the intrigue of backrooms is disorientation, and a false sense of familiarity.
Sometimes a chase is not even necessary.
Y’all seen NOPE? Right at the beginning of the GORDY chapter. That was *intense. Felt like liminal space to me, for that one minute.
@Just Wayne
Liminal Space is essentially:
“What will I find in there?”
“Only what you bring with you.”
It shouldn’t be a “When you see it / Shit Bricks” picture.
It’s probably not scary, but it does make for some intrigue.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@tehwatever
Exactly, what you don’t see is scarier than what you do see. I mean at least make the monster really scarier instead of black noodles.
Honestly, empty space is weirdly scarier when you know nothing is going to be in it. There were times when I played GTA and I feel eerie in a part of the map without NPCs and cars whatsoever, but I don’t find Gmod maps scary because I can just spawn NPCs and stuff for fun. Gmod is especially less scary when you watched a bunch of funny videos made out of it.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide