The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@phoenixacezero
I never watched any Simpsons episode but apparently searching for “Chainsawman Scottish” got me Groundskeeper Willie dual wielding two chainsaws and a buzzsaw strapped on each leg, apparently fighting some overgrown tree.
Can’t tell if a reference.
Posted Report
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Honestly I couldn’t care less about the show, I dropped it after season 3, personally it went downhill a while ago and the controversy doesn’t really help.
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@PixelatedPony
I kept f’ing with it. I’m easy to amuse, I like anything no matter how bad as long as people are talking about it.
Exept real life abuse.
this sucks. Rick and Morty was my jam. I loved the flood of r/iamverysmart, the show has backup entertainers. I loved all the incest shit (i don’t actually have a fetish for incest, it’s a fetish for cringe)
I want to watch this Velma thing, but old scooby doo fans will come to my house with a gun if I have one single dumpster fire chuckle. Simply watching a show that’s not good will be equated with the downfall of society.
then they make Black Shaggy say “You know I hate weed” lmao.
I guess I don’t care because Scooby Doo always sucked. Hanna Barbara cartoons are soulessly boring and painful to look at. People confuse Shaggys meme status with the show being good.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I wonder if Rick and Morty will have separate dudes playing them now.
My personal choice would be Steven Ogg alongside whoever the heck would be a good Morty.
And since Mr. Wife Beater Improv is gone that means they’re gonna need more voice actors for extra and minor characters too.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@CaptainXtra
Lmao Hanna Barbara wishes they could pull a Spongebob. Spongebob is actually lit, for all ages, almost every screencap is memeworthy. Spongebob prob even has better stoner art than Scooby Doo
@Lord WyrmSpawN
I’m familar with the history of animation. I guess I could say a couple good things about Hanna Barbara.
At the time there wasn’t a whole lot of cartoons. So pumping out all that stuff I’m now critical of made sense at the time, it harbored an interest in cartoons, and gave us memories.
Honestly I’m not crazy about this velma thing, it could be seen as a corporate butchering of our memories, Scooby Doo is nostalgic, even if I can’t stand to watch it for long.
They did help make cartoons a thing that adults watch more. The Flintstones characters make an amazing franchise, even with just Cereal commercials (Flintstones used to do alcohol and tobacco commercials)
they make memorable characters, if it’s good enough to sell a box of cereal, it’s fine by me.
that’s the thing though, Scooby Do has always been ‘good enough’ kinda cute, lots of visual gags. However who would we sell this too in the modern age? Real scoobydo fans would not have engaged in the new show in a meaningful way unless they where mad at it.
Dont hate the player, hate the game.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
“Velma so awefully shit, the Left are claiming it’s a Right Wing Psy-op to make the left look bad.”
Now there is a delima about people like me naturally getting a kick out of things meant to be bad. It rewards people for turning beloved shows into insufferable pieces of garbage.
i say watch Velma illegally. Shitty joke for a shitty joke.
@Just Wayne
Still a very popular adult cartoon. Adult Swim is big on it. Getting rid of the show might make people shitty towards the victims, replacing Justin Roilands Rick is a bigger insult, and way funnier. Dude’s no longer the Rickest Rick.
What roiland did was not very szechuan sauce. He got himself into a pickle, least funny shit I ever saw.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide