The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Anyone else think that Niko’s Fifteen Man Squad should get the same treatment as Dutch’s Gang?
Rockstar’s stories that are grounded and grim tend to be the most captivating in my opinion.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Mutants are BORN with powers due to something triggering in their DNA
Since Spider-Man got his powers via being bitten by a spider being experimented on, and the FF got their powers due to a mishap with cosmic energy, they are not classified as mutants
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Mutants are born with the X-gene. They had their powers from birth, even though they don’t typically manifest until puberty. There’s also a really, really stupid plot point that the X-gene makes them the only species on Earth not host to a sentient space bacteria living in symbiosis with the rest of life on Earth, and that same bacteria makes non-mutants instinctually hateful of mutants. But the less we talk about that stupid plot point the better.
Spiderman and the FF are classified as “mutates”. Not only were they not born with their powers but they don’t possess the X-gene to qualify them as mutants. There was an interesting What If? about that, where mutants conquered the world. Spiderman was able to live in relative comfort because he was thought of as a mutant, only to get mobbed and lynched when he was outed as a mutate. So yeah, there’s a difference.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Goku Black
Again, muntants were born with it and the general public thing that it’s “wrong”
meanwhile with the othes, they were normal people who got their powers from external factors (and in Cap’s case, he’s pretty much a normal guy, just a lot more strong and durable. That and he’s a war hero too)
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@ichiban iceychan 1517
That and it’s also I believe the possibility anyone could be a mutant and no one could know.
The likes of The Fantastic Four are like public figures and Spider-Man of course has been made out to be a menace by Jamison so he’s often treated with mistrust by the public (or use to be anyway.
But like I said with mutants anyone can be one such as your neighbor reading your mind planting thoughts that aren’t yours the fear and hatred part is born out that kind of paranoia.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Yoooo.
So apparently there’s a character in Jujutsu Kaisen whose ability is literally to “turn any situation he finds funny into reality. This ability also affects Gojo Satoru.” So technically if he found it funny for Gojo’s ability to not work, then Gojo’s absolutely overpowered ability WON’T work. The worst part is: he doesn’t know how his power works. He thinks funny things just happen to him.
BRO this is HUGE! Mofo could practically destroy everybody if he had a sick morbid sense of humor. Dude recovers from any injuries, and the only injuries he seems to have are ones he think would funny to have, like missing front teeth and bleeding nose and burnt hair, (which he recovered from soon after). So far he’s just been tanking what would otherwise be lethal hits and shrug them off in a comical manner because it’s funny that way.
We have a Looney Tunes character in Jujutsu Kaisen! Oh my effing…No. No you can’t have that. That’s unfair.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Fortunately, Takaba (the JJK comedian) has currently a thankfully very strict rules about his comedy. He doesn’t allow “red” in his shows. So no deaths and no serious injuries.
Which means, so far he himself doesn’t have anything is damaging at all. SO, he can’t be hurt in any significant way, and he doesn’t allow himself to hurt others either. Which means any fight he’s in would just be a joke fight where nobody is hurt, the fight isn’t going anywhere, and he’ll just be very annoying for his opponent.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What are some Force abilities/powers that only neutral users can use?
Basically things that neither Light or Dark leaning sensitive individuals can pull off or lose the ability to do so once they cross a certain dedication point.
Or Star Wars really just gonna keep the whole “THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND” nonsense up its ass?
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
@CaptainXtra
I don’t think there’s anything specifically neutral users can use; I assume that the only real difference between the Light and Dark sides of the force is mindset, which controls the ‘output’ so to speak. It’s simply that the ‘Jedi’ mindset makes it easier to do some stuff, while the ‘Sith’ mindset makes it easier to do other stuff.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It’s technically all “middle ground” more or less. There are very few powers that one side can use that the other can’t.
It’s more that they won’t. A Sith would be fully capable of using force healing or force courage, but would likely see it as pointless or weak. Jedi can use force choke and force lightning, and the light side even has its own special version of lightning called emerald lightning which focuses on incapacitating rather than killing.
Using certain powers can push you toward the dark side, of course, such as life drain or force crush.
Dex Stewart
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I keep getting stuff in my recommended articles from Gerry Conway, a comic writer who co-created the Punisher.
I don’t think he knows much of the character outside his own stories.
He recently said something about a new Punisher taking Frank’s place. That’s not a bad idea. It hasn’t been done well in the past, but a talented writer could pull it off. The weird thing is he specifically wanted the replacement to be a black veteran. Well, we have a black Punisher.

Outlaw, a British man who idolized
Vigilantes. He wasn’t a veteran as far as I remember, though I haven’t read his comics in some time. Outlaw later rejected his old ways in favor of not killing anyone.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

No wonder I felt like I seen him before! Is this version modeled after the guy in this video?!
The resemblance is there! Look at his outfit! Even to his goofy friendly expression! Can’t be a coincidence. Artists dont DO coincidence.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide