The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
During the Force Awakens the First Order was just some fuckboys from the ass end of nowhere. Leia couldn’t get anyone to assist her because she was the only one who thought these Empire cosplayers were a danger.
Then Last Jedi retconned them to be a galaxy spanning Junta without retconning how much help Leia was able to wrangle.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Something that I don’t get about the Sequel Trilogy is how undermanned and few on ships the Resistance was.
You’re honestly telling me that Leia or Ackbar didn’t hold onto several dozen or more Mon Calamari Cruisers once they heard about the First Order making moves?
@Dustcan
Also cause Leia was outted as The Daughter of Vader which her political rivals used against her coloring as warmongering like her father because the New Republic didn’t want to acknowledge the First Order as a problem.
Which all sounds interesting but they can’t explain or touch on that in the actual movies because it is interesting cause fuck world building let’s blow worlds up instead.
And of course the Prequels had a bunch of political stuff with all those Senate scenes and people hated that so the New Republic couldn’t be destroyed fast enough to get back to ragtag rebels.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
The sequel trilogy’s biggest failure, IMO, is that it was poorly planned. At least with the prequels and to some extent in the originals that George Lucas had some idea where he wanted to go with them. Disney, on the other hand, started making their movies almost immediately after acquiring Lucasfilm, even ignoring Lucas’ ideas on what he would’ve done with a sequel trilogy.
Background Pony #34FA
I’m thinking I’m gonna rewatch the original Star Wars trilogy, and then when I get around to it read the Thrawn trilogy because apparently that was originally considered the true sequel before Disney retconned it, which admittedly I didn’t learn about until recently.
Now I have a better understanding of why the Star Wars fandom is so disgruntled, I’d be mad too if some stories that I loved where just retconned by Disney.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Goku Black
the biggest problem for the sequel trilogy was that there was no set plan for the story.
I feel like they would have been received much better if they actually had a set story for the trilogy instead of having to make things up and rewrite stuff on the fly
Background Pony #34FA
I vehemently disagree with people who say The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings haven’t aged well. They are more nuanced stories than people often give them credit for.
Also, one thing that is really underrated about Tolkien’s writing is how good his dialogue is. People always focus on his world building but his dialogue and character interactions are not brought up that often for some reason.
I think Lord of the Rings still holds up pretty damn well, and is still very enjoyable.
Background Pony #34FA
@Dex Stewart
I’ve never seen the Hobbit movie and I don’t really feel like I want to because I’ve heard it’s a rather poor adaptation of the book. But I actually don’t watch adaptations that much anyway. My primary focus is on books and I tend to be a “stick to the originals” kinda guy most of the time.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
When I was little I had a 45 record and storybook of the Rankin Bass Hobbit. It had the original voices and music straight from the cartoon. I have nearly the whole soundtrack downloaded on an mp3 player.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan
I believe the logic was the ruled by default because the new republic’s military was anhilated along with the capital, and since a single old school ISD could easily subdue multiple systems simply by being within range their new ones meant that no one was able to muster resistance when they declared themselves the new empire, to many people forget that a single ISD is worth an entire flotilla of clone wars era ships in terms of population suppression, let alone the resurgence class,
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Watching Ant Man again and I really wish they made Scott Lang like an actual ex-robber/burglar
His character arc of redemption would make a lot more sense if his crime he was sent to prison for was motivated by greed rather than legit vigilante justice
I mean at least make him wire the money to his own bank account
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
During the Force Awakens the First Order was just some fuckboys from the ass end of nowhere. Leia couldn’t get anyone to assist her because she was the only one who thought these Empire cosplayers were a danger.
Then Last Jedi retconned them to be a galaxy spanning Junta without retconning how much help Leia was able to wrangle.
@Dustcan
I believe the logic was the ruled by default because the new republic’s military was anhilated along with the capital, and since a single old school ISD could easily subdue multiple systems simply by being within range their new ones meant that no one was able to muster resistance when they declared themselves the new empire, to many people forget that a single ISD is worth an entire flotilla of clone wars era ships in terms of population suppression, let alone the resurgence class,
About that…
(Well mostly the latter comment and keep in mind this video was made pre-TROS but that shouldn’t matter much.)
Remember that The First Order, despite its advanced Star Destroyers, didn’t have the same numbers as the Empire.
Palps sent them out to keep the galaxy busy while the Final Order was being prepared.
Which also means yes, Snoke was always intended to be pushover fodder.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide