The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@phoenixacezero
Not so much the post but ‘Death of the Author’ in general.
I always thought it was more of
‘The author says the work represents this’
‘The reader says the work represents something else’
Then people argue over who’s interpretation is correct. Then it gets confusing with how a work makes people ‘feel’.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Sparx
Death of the Author is “The author doesn’t get any say on what their work means outside of the work itself, it is up to the reader to decide what it means” is the gist.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
The new Power Rangers Universe comic is out and everyone is confused! These chuckleheads are the ancient Morphin Masters! But not THE Morphin Masters, no, these guys are the Legendary Squadron! The comic is supposed to be about the origin of the Phantom Ranger, but for some reason they keep sneaking around it.
My absolute favorite thing about the comic is that these kids draw crude smiley faces on sticky notes and stick them to the mini fridge they have in the abandoned lab of the Morphinaut. Morphinaut is a white and gold Phantom Ranger who does stuff in the comic and gets hisself stuck in the Morphin Grid!
If you don’t follow Power Rangers and don’t understand any of that, take comfort in knowing the comic makes about as much sense to the biggest fans.

Also cardboard boxes held together with masking tape is ancient alien technology!
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Honestly after reading Irredeemable, I’m sick and tired of the evil Superman trope
It’s so played out and literally no one has anything interesting to say about it
It’s literally just “what if Suparman bad parenting” or “Superman lives in a society™️“ and even variations beyond that just aren’t that interesting. Debatably(and I mean very debatably) the only one that even grabs my attention of this trope is Dr Manhattan and the part that grabs my attention has nothing to do with “evil Superman” but “what if a man had the powers of a literal god”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide