The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
fuck. i think i accidently made my psy charater look like Sephiroth with the black wings, whit hair and long coats.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Cosmic horror too often devolves into “big scary monster from space wants to destroy the world”.
The problem is the “wants” part. The essence of cosmic horror isn’t just scary space monsters, it is fundamentally the horror of apathy.
The cosmic space God doesn’t want to destroy Earth, that gives humanity too much purpose and importance in the narrative. It weakens the horror to know that humanity, or worse an individual human, is worthy of the malice of an incomprehensibly powerful being.
Picture some (sentient) insects in a field. One moment they’re frolicking around their little world, the next minute an unfathomably large object darkens their sky. The next thing they know, the world is ending. Buildings are destroyed, entire generations of bug families are snuffed out in seconds, everything they ever knew is ending around them. What horrible, malicious being could do this? What could we have done to anger it? This is what the bugs think.
However, the thing that has genocided their entire civilization is two teenagers fucking on a blanket out on a farmhouse field.
These beings, unknowable and uncaring about the bug civilization do not even give a passing thought to the horror below. It is not even “beneath” them, as even that implies some level of concern. It is entirely a nonissue.
A good cosmic horror story scares you not with malice, but with utter apathy.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy
More or less feel the same way, even though i tend to think of them being more scary for your inability to understand their motivation.
I always compare it mentally to Alice in Wonderland. It makes sense to everyone except the viewer or viewpoint characters.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Even worse when you bring that to film.
Like, the very essence is it being “Incomprehensible”. But. Like. If it’s on film then it’s comprehensible. By simply showing it you are showing that it can be comprehended.
The closest film I’d say got “it” right was Annihilation. The “final monster” so to speak started out as a fractal, which did a good job leaning into the “can’t explain” part while still giving the audience something to look at. Even then while the entire movie dealt with some heavy concepts, it still lesser than the book trilogy it was based on.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Krass, the “Ram Ma’am” of the cgi He-man show looks more like Stonedar and Rokkon than she looks like Ram Man.
I also just watched the epidode that introduces the robot Orko. Certainly a unique take.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Official poster for Ms Marvel was leaked. Still looks like they’re changing her powers to hard-light constructs over size-shifting.
Thanotos Omega

@Dustcan
Well my issue is more that they are doing this to accommodate the worst member of a team that is a joke now, and after they literally gave 2 people movies just to prevent Carol’s from getting made it’s a bad look for them to still be fucking over female heores for less popular male ones,
Thanotos Omega

@Dustcan
Reed from F4, he’s literally only relevant in modern comics because he’s Dr Doom’s arch enemy and his team are connected to a few big names, otherwise ben and Johnny are the actually well liked members some times Sue if she’s in her badass will create a forcefield in your arteries if you threaten her family mode,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide