The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So I’m making a short demonic hierarchy for a project.  
The scale goes:  
Pit Lord  
–  
–  
Demon  
Fiend  
Imp

I’m wondering what I can put in those two empty spots.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Shang Chi sboiler:

He had it. He had the pose and everything. The perfect Kamehame Hadouken. You KNOW the fans was going crazy when he literally did the charging the rings up into a condensed ball of energy! This WHOLE MOVIE was building up for that one moment so why?

**WHY DID HE NOT LAUNCH THE KAMEHAMEHA?!**
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zincy  
I find it respectable of him to have been the best Saiyan dad that’s probably ever existed in the history of saiyans. I also find it respectable that he prefers to put points on INT every time he levels up and put points in science and general pursuit of academics.

What I really hate is how Dragon Ball in general (not counting early GT) practically disrespects him for not fighting.

The dude coulda been Bulma’s level of intellect with the battle strength of at LEAST a Super Saiyan. That combo alone could be very nasty and Gohan could be a terrible match up for anyone.

Had Gohan been in any other series–heck in any other shonen battle series he WOULD have had major epic moments as a smart character. But unfortunately DB writers don’t know how to write smart characters that is also an active fighter into the mix–unless you count crazy scientists who build themselves new cyborg bodies or invents machines that fights.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

After considering MCU Shang Chi’s phyisical capability even with the Ten Rings imma conclude that he most probably, shouldn’t run a fade against Yujiro Hanma of the Baki series.

full

Shang Chi Sboiler  
Sure, the Ten Rings gives Shang Chi hadouken + kratos blade-whip + metal gloves + double jump + super jump + forcefield shield among other things.  
Sure He beat a man who was basically every nearly undefeated fearsome warlord ever in the last 1000 years,  
Sure He beat a alien kaiju with the help of a sea dragon,

But he ain’t ready for Yujiro.

Yujiro’s feats:  
Went to Vietnam War at 17 just for shits and giggles, shirtless and unarmed.  
Folds everybody he meets that tries to test their strength, with no exception.  
dubbed the strongest organism on earth because even ferocious hippos or a giant elephant becomes his food.  
Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden (I’m not joking) all made a treaty with him: Let Yujiro do whatever the fuck he wants, and he won’t send the USA to the shadow realm.  
Probably stopped an earthquake with a single punch. The characters even noted how ridiculous the idea is, but they entertained the idea anyway because they just truly don’t know what is and isn’t bullshit when it comes to Yujiro.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Dustcan  
I believe the point was that Gohan’s issues are because Toriyama and what’s his name doing the stuff now are bad at writing intelligent fights hence why it’s almost always down to ass pulls and overwelming force,
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
My deadass uncultured self just learned that Zack Snyder also directed 300 (2007).

I only knew his name through DCEU dammit, mainly because of the slow motion effects on his films.
Thanotos Omega

@Dustcan  
And also because Toriyama is just not a great writer, let’s be honest here, Dragonball is easily the weakest of the big 4 grandaddys of Shonen, trailing well behind Fist of the North Star, Berserk and JJBA, and is utterly blown away even by the relatively mediocre modern hits like Naruto, Dragonball lives on nostalgia and nothing else, and i say this as a pretty big DB fan,
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Opiñon.

Khabib Nurmagomedov can beat MCU Shang Chi given the following condition:  
Shang Chi dont use Ten Rings  
Shang Chi cuts to 155 or 170 (the guy looks about 170 already so that’s fine.)  
Shang Chi dont use weapons.  
MMA ruleset. In a cage.

Shang Chi can use Ta Lo Gong Fu / Airbending if he wants to. I think Khabib can handle that.

Reason I think Khabib could win is the following: Shang Chi Sboiler ofc.  
Shang Chi and Khabib both train under their own fathers at 7yo and 8yo. They both train in the mountains in some very spartan regiment. Difference is, Shang Chi stops his training seriously at 14, while Khabib was active being undefeated all the way until he was 32.

Shang Chi is currently 26? and we assume this his best form yet. We can use Khabib at 26 or Prime Khabib at 32. Both can still take on Shang Chi, but Prime Khabib would most likely beat Shang Chi.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Angrybrony  
No he’s not. He’s for all intents and purposes, Yujiro is a superman. Aside from relatively normal lifespan, the guy’s physical prowess is beyond MCU “human” superheroes.

Like, turn coal into diamond dust kind of strength.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
A friend of mine has recommended me to read some comics namely The Sandman. It’s cover alone looks so strange and erie but elegant in a way. It feels like the type of comic Rarity would read.

Should I buy it? I have the money.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
fined loki show.

can we all agree that loki wanting to fuck his girl self is weird and creepy right? like the master did it in doc who but it was self-aware about it at least
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide