The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Kolbjorn

Banana
@CaptainXtra  
A dude wants to boost tourism for his home prefecture of Saga (real place btw) and decided that the best way to do it is by creating an idol group… and that the best way to create an idol group was to reanimate 7 dead girls: an Oiran from the meiji era, an idol from the 80’s, another idol from the early 2000’s, the leader of s biker gang, a child actress, a mysterious girl, and a normal high schooler
Background Pony #34FA
I finished The Book of the New Sun a couple of days ago. (Currently reading the sequel, Urth of the New Sun.) It might be my all around favorite sci-fi now, it’s truly amazing. There is nothing else quite like it.

But it’s also notorious for being really confusing and difficult to read. I’m sure there was plenty of stuff that went over my head. There are articles on the internet written about how to approach this series as well as a dictionary for it.  
full
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

sees Record of Ragnarok

Heh. The author is probably dodging the shit out of Islamic lore characters because they don’t wanna screw around with Islam. On the flip side I’m absolutely freaking mad because goddamnit where the muslims at?!

You got philosophers in there but you don’t got Ibn Sina or Al Ghazali at least? Ibn Rushd maybe? considering that mofo is what BROUGHT Greek writing into Europe?

Also KHABIB NURMAGOVEMDOV can solo Ares and Hercules guaranteed at 155lbs. But alright, Khabib wasn’t a legendary figure by the time of the manga was 1st written so I can give it a pass. Imam Shamil tho. The warrior Dagestani at the beginning of the 19th century? I’d say he deserves a spot in there.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

It’s a weird statue from Korea depicting a strange, tribal looking dude with a hole in his middle, standing on a plinth inscribed with the words “Are You Safe”, no question mark.

If that’s not cursed as fuck I don’t know what is.

Found it at my local antique store while out with my cousin.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Angrybrony

Right.

There’s some genuinely cool and creative SCP ideas on the site. But then there’s the inundation of SCPs that are just “This looks like an ordinary bed depicted with a stock bed photo. But it eats the people who sleep in it and something something end the world” or “This looks like an ordinary streetlight depicted with a stock streetlight photo. But it eats people who stand under it and something something end the world”. It really doesn’t take long before the banality sets in.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Broke: Live Action adaptation of Disney’s Beauty and The Beast.

WOKE: Beauty and The Beast for our 2021 Internet Age audience. It’s anime, it has virtual world, it has online social network, it has relatable young japanese high school protagonist and it tackles the usual theme of mental abuse, online harassment, and the disconnect between your online persona vs real life self.

full

full
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Biggest issues with SCP is the dumbfucks who have to villain sue their monsters to ensure their edgelord containment procedures work, that and the sheer number of lovecraft fans,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide