The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Welp. I’m up to the Star Trek Enterprise Episode where Waaaaaay too much time is spent with the characters awkwardly trying to figure out what Malcolm’s favorite food is.  
Cute little subplot…that takes up nearly the first half of the episode.  
I’ve never seen this one before,now I’m remembering why I didn’t care this series initially. Still,this is the first weak episode out of the bunch.
Background Pony #0698
Man, I can’t freaking believe they actually ended up censoring NieR Replicant after all… Just found out about it today and it completely ruined my hype for the game. I thought Yoko Taro was supposed to be this final bastion against censorship who gave zero fucks about catering to the “woke” crowd?

NieR Replicant was the only 2021 title I was looking forward to aside from New Pokemon Snap and Idolm@ster Starlit Season, so I am royally pissed off right now xD
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

NieR Replicant is out? well, since I’m never familiar with the series at all, I would just give my condolences to those who are looking forward to it? As for me?

Immediately looks up its OST and especially the new rendition of Song of the Ancients.

Oh gods, I’m crying and I’m not even a NieR fan, like, at all. I don’t even know what the song even is. I just one time heard Song of the Ancients by accident from one video or something and immediately cried on the spot. I didn’t have context nothing. It just stabbed me right in the feels and Idk why.

Music Theory guys help me out here! What’s the science here?! Do I just have a mainstream taste in music and am I that gullible?!
Background Pony #0698
@WyrmSpawN  
One of the main characters (Kainé) had her panty bulge completely removed to avoid offending the transgender community. If you know anything about the series, Kainé is canonically intersex (aka a hermaphrodite). In other words, she possesses both male and female genitalia. If you look at her character model in the original game, you can clearly see that the devs made a concerted effort to display a detailed bulge to indicate this factor of her biological “defect”. She faces much persecution throughout her life due to this (as well as other factors too) and it is an essential element of her characterization in the original narrative. Yet another victim of Square Enix’s newfangled “Ethics Department” no doubt…

I’ll refrain from posting the comparison shots here due to the potential NSFW nature of the images in question, but feel free to check around on Google so you can see for yourself. I was absolutely disgusted by this personally. It made me decide to wait on the game until it’s available to buy pre-owned, since there’s no way in Hell I’m supporting censorship with my hard earned cash. It’s a damn shame that more videogame news outlets didn’t cover this sooner; probably would have helped sway many fans away from preordering.

Buy the game used, play for a week, then return for a full refund so other like-minded individuals can do the same. That’d be my suggestion, anyway. Of course, you’re free to do whatever you please, since it’s your money after all. Don’t let me stop you from having a good time xD
Background Pony #0698
@tehwatever  
It releases on the 24th. Thank God I heard about this before release day, otherwise I would have made a day-one purchase.

@WyrmSpawN  
Yeah, it is a bit weird considering their supposed push for “diversity and inclusion”. Perhaps, the Ethics Department deemed it a risk considering the controversial nature of the subject matter? It could potentially be seen as “insensitive” to portray the character in this light considering she’s basically branded as a freak or a mistake in the game’s canon. You’d think that showcasing the struggle of a character like this whilst sympathizing with their situation would be seen as a progressive step in the right direction, but I guess nuance in storytelling doesn’t matter. All that matters is she has a bulge and that is a no-no.

I vaguely remember another situation involving a hermaphrodite character who was misrepresented. I believe it was in the game Immortals: Phoenix Rising. There’s a scene where Zeus and some other God are discussing the actual titular goddess herself, Hermaphroditus. They made a quip about her being “gender-fluid” which is obviously an inaccurate portrayal of an intersex individual. The LGBT community tends to revolve around concepts of choice for the most part. Choosing to identify as one gender or both genders, or choosing who to pursue sexually. With a hermphrodite, there is no choice involved, however. They are literally born with two sets of equipment, so there is no need to identify as one gender or another since they technically are both simultaneously. Same thing with being gay or bisexual: they technically cannot be either due to their basic biological situation. As I’m sure you know, cisgendered heterosexual people aren’t considered a part of LGBT spectrum.

It’s a very complex topic, primarily due to how absurdly rare intersex people are in real life. But I’d imagine the Ethics Department’s cause for concern was due to the prevalence of discussion related to transgenderism in modern society. Basically, it’s a hot-topic, and they know it’ll definitely ruffle some feathers regardless of the character’s portrayal. So I guess they felt the need to give Kainé the old “snip-snip” treatment to fall in line with social conventions.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
If one of Leatherface’s victims were black, then would it be considered blackface if he wore them as a mask?

I kinda hate myself for chuckling at this. But I did.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

DBD was where I heard this, er, “joke” from, yes.

Specifically if you sacrifice the original 4 survivors enough you can unlock their their faces as masks for Leatherface. And one of the original survivors is a black lady so…
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I know people have told me that post episode 15, Darling In The FranXX suffers a decline in quality, but I disagree. Some of the episodes post episode 15 are actually pretty good. I especially like episode 19 where we learn the doctor’s backstory and why FranXXs were created.

I didn’t really notice a decline in quality until episode 20, when I feel the show kinda jumps the shark. But prior to that, I really liked episodes 16 to 19. I thought they were of the same pristine quality as the first 15 episodes.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I’m super glad that more and more people are finally realizing that John Walker is a victim, even if less than Isaiah Bradley. It didn’t matter if John Walker had “privilege” because, in the end, he suffered mentally, physically and emotionally. One thing I’m looking forward would be his role in the last episode.

I’m hoping he kills Karli Morgenthau as the US Agent, setting up a rivalry between him and Sam.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide