The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I seriously thought, in my first playthrough of Trials of Mana, that Belladonna was gonna be revealed as Kevin’s Mom.

Was nearly disappointed when this turned out not to be the case, supposedly.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

Don’t you mean “Twials of Mamna”? God damn did they give Charlotte an awful voice.

Once you’re done with Trials, you should go back and play Legend of Mana, where you get to meet the most…unfortunate race in all of fantasy. The Jumi.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Does modern action anime hate color or something? Like seriously do they HATE COLOR or something?! I just saw the most recent trailer for Shaman King adaptation and my first thought is: “where the colors at?” and then I saw another trailer for Records of Ragnarok adaptation and again: “Where the colors at?!”

Then I started noticing something…

Fate series, Dororo, Goblin Slayer, Berserk 2016, SAO Alicizaton and even Hunter x Hunter 2011…they all look similar, color wise.

Oh my fucking…Oh NO. Do you guys remember how Modern games was at one point, either grey or brown? or in Deus Ex Human Revolution’s case, it was piss-yellow?

Is anime like that now? Like, I seriously feel like there’s a trend where things are either darkened or desaturated. No. Less desaturated and more like they’re avoiding contrasting values.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, her.

You’re told Kevin’s Mother simply ‘left’ for most of the game, she has the same tiger-print most beastmen prefer, and of course, she turns into a cat-lady.

I thought all the signs were there, but this game kind of likes to pull the rug out from under you at varying levels of subtlety.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
People talk a lot about about Divinity Original Sin 2. (I’ve never played this) But have people ever played the original one? (again I haven’t played it)

It’s kind of sad when people praise the 2nd game but it’s like 1st game doesn’t even exist. Or if they do mention it, they say how corny it is.

(edit: Looking back it might not be as unappreciated as I thought.)
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!

🚙
A person on the r/TheLastAirbender just explained perfectly my biggest problem with the Legend of Korra  
“They turn the mystical, solemn spirit realm into Alice in wonderland”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
So in Marvel, Flash Thompson (technically) returns as Agent Anti-Venom, the Life Foundation symbiotes return (somehow) and for the first time in decades is in the same issue as Scream, and even Toxin is announced to be returning.

I’m actually somewhat excited for the King in Black event.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

@Dustcan  
I guess it all comes down to the writing, tbh. The beauty of a character unknown outside of supernerds mean that the writer can literally do whatever they want with Squirrel Girl and you wouldn’t have a riot. As long as the character’s portrayal on-screen is acceptable and relatable to the target audience, you win.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Squirrel Girl was a main character in that new cartoon Marvel Rising,I figured that would bring her more to the forefront.  
They ought to do a good Fantastic Four movie,then have Squirrel Girl introduced in an Iron Man movie after shes captured Doctor Doom.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I mean, it looks like Moon Knight and Ironheart are both getting their own Disney+ show. So I guess Guardians being the only C+/B- listers ain’t off the table.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide