The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@icey wicey 1517  
Completely fucked over The Weeknd because he chose performing at the SuperBowl over them  
Nominated Justin Bieber even though his latest album is bad  
The Strokes only got one nom, ok Grammys(who’s willing to bet they will shut out Rock this year as well?)  
Mac Miller’s circles didn’t get nominated despite its critical acclaim
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@northern haste

It very much is.

It’s actually meant to be a big, female form hiding purple dress because their precious little fee-fees are hurt by seeing a bikini.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Zincy  
Sadly, some Americans are getting too prude-ish about similar things too…  
Heck, people flipped their schmitz, because a new female Star Wars character has a chest bump in her spacesuit, and claiming it’s sexist for a female character to look female.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I’ve been watching various film versions of Macbeth for my Shakespeare class, including the 1971 film, the 2010 TV version with Patrick Stewart, and Akira Kurosawa’s Throne of Blood, an adaptation set in the samurai era.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I think part of the issue is that he’s not big enough. Clifford is supposed to be kaiju-sized, bigger than a house, or at least that’s what he was in the show. In the trailer, however, he just looks mildly large.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Whenever I hear “Cleo” I think of the catgirl with 1980s leg-warmers from “Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats.”

Apparently, she had her own toy back then by Bandai.

full
Background Pony #A500
@northern haste  
How much you wanna bet this movie will contain at least one bathroom joke? It seems like every live-action movie adaptation of a nostalgic property has toilet humor in it, and given all the jokes I’ve seen over the years about what happens when Clifford needs to go to the bathroom, there’s no way the filmmakers won’t pass on that opportunity.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #A500  
I think some do that to try to guarantee a PG rating, or to entertain older audiences. Though, let’s not deny kids like potty humor too.

Though, I wouldn’t get to upset, as I don’t care if they keep it to a minimum, like say the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, as opposed to say the “Cat in the Hat” movie.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@northern haste  
No argument here. Adult cartoons always feel far more childish to me than children’s cartoons.

I don’t understand why live action adult series are always allowed to be whatever tone they want, but with cartoons, it always has to be raunchy or gross comedies with little to no substance.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide