The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra  
She my type. She defo my type.  
I wasn’t even listening to the moral of the story there.

But yea pls dont touch girls when they dont wanna be touched. it impolite. nobody is entitled to a “just touch you a little, don’t hurt nobody, why you so pissy, so you’re too good for us” bullshit.

Unless it’s hentai with a rape tag, in which case, non-consensual touching is mandatory.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Aaand I learned some culture which I should already have been familiar with, considering I’m asian.  
I blame myself for not having consumed more asian lore and myth (outside of Anime)
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@tehwatever  
I wonder if 343 is even aware of Halo Reach’s usage in said PSA.

How does the law on fair use work in that case, is it covered by educational use due it being a PSA?
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@tehwatever
I wonder if 343 is even aware of Halo Reach’s usage in said PSA.
How does the law on fair use work in that case, is it covered by educational use due it being a PSA?

Like I’m legitimately curious about this, as in I am considering sharing this image to the Halo forums or Subreddit and seeing if any of the 343 employees are aware of it.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
If you found more good non-hollywwod zombie stories lemme know. Zombie stories put Man vs Man in a setting where all semblance of decency and order is lost, and most of the time you can learn the culture of a people then.

Do they still use honorifics? do they still bow to someone older? what about ranks or status? what about racism? when politics are thrown aside by the zombies, what’s left are their values. Sure, individuals might become ultra-pragmatist-survivalist but in most zombie stories, it’s usually a critique of deeply rooted societal norms.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
I really liked the manga/anime Gakkou Gurashi. It was about a group of girls and a dog trapped in a school,though they’ve done a good job of barricading themselves,and become self sufficient. It’s starts out like a cutesy “girls having fun show”,but it’s much deeper than that. There was a live action movie,but I haven’t seen it yet.  
My favorite Zombie movie is Day of the Dead.  
Bub should have gotten his own movie.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
Well alright, then. Gakkou Gurashi. Art looks very cute.  
Day of the Dead? as in the 2008 movie? It aight. Gotta admit I don’t remember much of it anymore tho. Is Bub a character in Day of the Dead 2008?
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
I meant the Romero movie.  
full  
Here’s Bub,the tamed friendly zombie.full  
The “villain” of sorts is Captain Rhodes here.full  
I actually love all the characters in this movie and I could gush about how much I love it for hours.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@DarkObsidian  
I’ve only seen the first one.  
I love that part in the graveyard with the punks,“Trash is taking off her clothes,again!”  
Then there’s that awesome song:  
🎵In darkness you will find me  
I dance among the dead  
But very soon I’ll need to hunt the scent of blood instead  
Toniiiiight, we’ll make love till we diiiie…🎵
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate X Minecraft. So happy!

Surprisingly, this wasn’t done as a fan-service, Sakurai states in the video, Nintendo themselves requested it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever
I really liked the manga/anime Gakkou Gurashi.

Seconded. The first few chapters does a great job throwing the audience for a loop, including the fact that you don’t even know it’s a zombie apocalypse until the last page of the first chapter.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide