The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

What's this I heard about a Harry Potter RPG for PS5? I mean it looks like an RPG.
Nice. I'm all about mucking about in someone else's established world. Heh. I don't even know a thing about Potter-verse but hey. If it's an RPG then it's gotta have like, codex and lore written into the game donnit?

Can't wait to be the self-insert overpowered chosen-one Mary Sue OC in a bad fanfic.

Sadly imma have to wait for a PC port in 2025 or something.
Feck.
WyrmSpawN
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

🕊️Peace=Prize
@CaptainXtra
I'd say watch the first three volumes.

Then decide if you want to continue.

Because at some point past that you'll want to stop and preserve your initial impressions.
northern haste
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
I realizing it wasn't such a good idea to get one Actor to play all the oompa loompas in the Tim Burton movie

And Apparently the book was even worse
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Brand new animal
Funny thing is, Roald, the author of the original book despised the original Gene Wilder movie soooo much, he had it put in his will that Hollywood can never adapt the sequel book, "The Glass Elevator," and wouldn't allow anymore adaptations of his works until the '80s.

Supposedly, one of the reasons was it wasn't dark/edgy enough. (Seriously, many of his kiddy books are nightmare-fuel.) His widow even said she thinks he would've liked the Tim Burton version better.
He also originally wanted British comedian Spike Milligan to play Wonka.
northern haste
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
I Wonder if the upcoming Netflix series will be allowed to adapt Glass Elevator.
I believe It's Supposed to be animated
II do wonder how much they will try to stay true to the art style

Don't think we don't blame them if they don't
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste
I actually grew up with the original book.

The Oompa-Loompas were pygmies.
While that itself isn't bad,the concept of them all going to work for a white guy disturbs some folks.
Dex Stewart
Artist -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@WyrmSpawN
Yeah,there is a reference in the first movie when Willy Wonka says they had snozzwangers and vernicious Kanits or however those are spelled,and I always thought those were just the oompa loompa words for actual predators,like lions.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Shop

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~