The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Jarkes  
Ironically enough Hanna Barbera actually DID make a dark and gritty Scooby Doo remake with DC

It was from the same time they made that dark and gritty Flintstones comic too
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@icey wicey 1517  
The flintstones comic was gritty? I thought it looked like a comedy.just with realistically designed characters. I haven’t read it,but I did read one where Snagglepuss is an agent for other cartoon characters.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Jarkes  
From what i could tell, the majority of them were good

@Dex Stewart  
The Flintstones comic involved political struggles, class/culture oppression, and Fred and Barney taking part in a genocide (albeit unintentionally)

i think that qualifies as gritty lol
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I got bored so I was rewatching the cutscene of a PS2 Game I played back when: XENOSAGA.

When it got to the Albedo scene I started remembering how uncomfortable it is. Now that I’ve grown up I can immediately tell this scene has something weirder than horrific imagery. It’s got a HEAVY rapey pedo undertone. Like, it’s blatant.

So this Albedo dude is trying to forcefully extract something from inside this loli android, by shoving his entire arm inside her torso while she’s unconscious but aware, so she’s pain-moaning the whole time, while her boyfriend was present. This whole thing accompanied by some sinister epic vocal music playing the background.

oh and the dude had a crazy laugh the whole time, taunting the boyfriend saying stuff like “Oooh this is nice, don’t you want to give this a try? Now then, I wonder how much more she can take?” LOL OMG this was in 2002 so I guess that’s why this scene didn’t get cancelled.

Look I was uncomfortable back then, but I didn’t know WHY. Now I’m just laughing at how japanese this scene is.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
science can prove that if you prefer new velma thoty cosplayer to old nerdy classic velma you have bad taste. it’s just the facts i don’t make the rules.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Kiryu-Chan  
@WyrmSpawN  
The reason I’d put the Two and a Half Men finale high on the list is because it literally makes no sense if you weren’t familiar with what was going on with Charlie Sheen at the time.

For the final episode, the kid came back onto the show and it was announced that Charlie’s character was still alive. It was advertised like it was going to be a big reunion of the original cast. So Charlie arrives at the front door, knocks on it… and then a piano is dropped on him. It then pans over to Chuck Lorre sitting in the director’s chair, who looks at the camera and says, “Winning!“

I get that it was meant to be a diss towards Sheen, who had said some mean things to Lorre, but it seems incredibly petty first of all–like, dude, you basically own the sitcom market on TV, so be the bigger man–and moreover doesn’t seem like it would hold up years on down the line. Like, imagine someone was binging Two and a Half Men in 2050, long after Charlie Sheen’s mental breakdown has been forgotten in the public consciousness. When they get to that final episode, they will probably just be like, “Huh?”
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
I didn’t think Seinfeld’s ending was that bad. Even if it basically was a clip show.

@CaptainXtra  
What’s the current relationship between the Brony and Sonic fandoms again?

I’d say neutral mostly, but some hate each other, though ironically for things their own fandom does too usually.

@TheHappySpaceman  
Yeah, that came off kinda childish… Y’know, Chuck Lorre used to work in kid shows. (Even created the classic TMNT themesong. Which he kinda meta-referenced in that show with Sheen’s character being a music composer for a popular kid show, and such.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide