The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
That’s what I thought, too. But there are some people in a server I’m in who hate it and its sequel, says they show no respect towards the source or its fans. One of them even calls it “a black stain on the Scooby-Doo franchise” and says you’re not a real fan if you like them.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Apparently the Percy Jackson books are going to be turned into a Disney+ show

And Rick Riordan himself is personally supervising all aspects of its production. So hopefully that means it won’t suck this time.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@TheHappySpaceman  
No offense but i get the feeling that the server you are on just hates everything under the sun :/

I mean i can understand WHY they think the movie is bad, but the whole “you are not a true fan if you like it” thing is pure garbage/

Besides Scrappy Doo and “Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get A Clue” are bigger black stains on the franchise
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
For the record, this is the same film server where users have accused all superhero media of being pro-eugenics by their very nature, so… yeah, a lot of bad takes come up here. I’ve kinda been thinking of leaving for a while, but I don’t know any other servers like that.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
Personally, I think that one Family Guy-looking show was worse.

But yeah, to me the 2002-2004 Scooby-Doo movies have aged like fine wine. To this day, they still remain among the very, very few good live action reboots of animated properties.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I’m surprised people still have such feelings of hatred toward the 2002 Scooby-Doo film.

Believe it or not, a lot of people I’ve seen actually hated the Scrappy Doo twist at the end
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Kiryu-Chan  
I know a guy who dislikes that twist but likes the rest of the movie.

@icey wicey 1517  
Yeah. I should maybe try to find another server.

TBH, the only reason that server exists is because it consists of a great number of former Channel Awesome contributors, and we all flocked there after the CA forums shut down.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
I hated that twist too actually, and I kinda hate the trope of, “Fans hate this character! Let’s make him an A-hole/villain!”

Truthfully, I never really hated Scrappy, and as a kid I kinda prefered him to Scooby & Shaggy sometimes. (In fact, as a kid I was never a huge Scooby fan.)
northern haste
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
I think I heard that the movie started out more as a parody than actual adaptation.  
Also apparently the film was at one point given an R rating because the ratings board misinterpreted a joke that was later made PG-13 and later became PG when they removed some language, cleavage, and sexual situations, Including a same-sex kiss between Daphne and Velma
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@northern haste  
I think the reason it originally had an R-Rating was because you could actually see some of the female partygoers topless in the background of a few shots (and i think that would have happened to either Daphne or Velma at one point too)

Also the movie would have made the “Shaggy is a pothead” and “Velma is secretly a lesbian” theories more explicit in the original draft.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Read Chapter 1 of Time Paradox Ghostwriter.

Pretty interesting. A writer abusing the space time continuum to make a good manga makes for some pretty cool interactions.

That cliffhanger though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide