The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
So, I’ve completed my third batch of Bleach episodes (eps 168-265). Whoo boy, this one’s kind of a doozy.
We’ve reached the point where the series transitions from 4:3 Standard Definition to 16:9 HD (unless you’re watching on Hulu; thanks Disney), complete with a slight upgrade to animation quality, and we start this transition off with… a filler arc.
The Shunske Amagai arc was… definitely better (and shorter) than the Bounts, I’ll give you that, but it was still a boring slog to get through.
Thankfully, it wasn’t long before the canon content resumed. The fights with Nnoitra, Szayelaporro, and Aaroniero were enjoyable (even though I wasn’t really liking the latter), but I couldn’t help but feel like the anime was dragging it out a little too long.
Then, we got to take a trip back in time with “The Past” arc (ha ha, music references). It only lasted about 7 episodes, but it was pretty cool to see what a lot of these characters were like in the past, and how they ended up the way they currently are. If I had to complain about one thing, I was kinda let down by the fact that we don’t really get to see the aftermath of Urahara, Yoruichi, and the Visoreds leaving the Soul Society. I was interested in seeing how certain characters would react to this, but it unfortunately just immediately cuts off right after they leave (though the ending shot of the Visoreds leaving for the Winter Battle against Aizen was ABSOLUTELY badass).
Getting back to the present, the early stage of the Fake Karakura Town arc ended up having the same pacing issues as before. I still liked most of what I saw (though I’m mixed on how I feel about Ikkaku getting utterly wrecked, and I sorta checked out whenever the living fat joke was on screen), but it felt pretty dragged out for a decent majority of it. Everything surrounding Ayon, however, was fucking glorious. Seeing the dude just utterly decimate Rangiku and the others (though they did censor Rangiku loosing a chunk of her waist to the bastard), only for Yamamoto to show up and EFFORTLESSLY BISECT HIM was… hype to say the least.
Unfortunately, right as we were FINALLY getting to the full fight against Ulquiorra, I was thrown right back into filler territory, aka the Zanpakuto Alternative Tale. In all honesty though… this might’ve been the best filler arc so far(?). It still pales in comparison to the canon material, but I wasn’t actively getting bored throughout, and I somewhat enjoyed the new characters that were introduced, so that’s something at least.
Overall, this was probably my least favorite batch of episodes so far, but that’s more on the anime side of things as opposed to the actual story that Kubo wrote. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed the canon content, and sorta tuned out with the filler material (aside from the three episodes that came before the Zanpakuto filler, they were actually pretty damn good).
The next batch will be the finale of the series (not counting the new TYBW anime), so I’m pretty excited to see how it turns out, but for now, I think it’s time I get back to the world of quirks and see how it’s doing. I mean, it’s not like the villains are doing anything big right now, right?
Right?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Chainsaw Man general spoiler.
Kishibe: You coming with us later to kill the Gun Devil?
Yoshida: Nah bro, I got exams to prep.
Famine Devil: You and me team up save the world?
Nayuta: No
Famine Devil: Why not?
Nayuta: BECAUSE I GOT SCHOOL!
Chainsaw Man dishing out sage advice to its primary demographics.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@WaynePonePone
Batman has to be exceedingly henched in the traps delts and lats area if he were to one-hand an average gym bro with his arms extended.
Then again some suits probably have mechanisms to optimize his movements, so I expect his suit to also have some kinda push-pull-lock mechanisms to make him able to do this and make it look very casual.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’m on the fence about who will win.
The Chosen is functionally immortal, but with limitations. And in the Dragonborn intro they made a point to emphasize specific weapons…including Dawnbreaker and Auriels Bow, weapons that are particularly potent against undead foes.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zincy
way back when you mentioned the Dragonborn takes the dub mid-to-low-diff.
Which is why I wanted the fight to be between a naked Dragonborn vs a naked Chosen Undead, early game, no weapons, fists only. They can wear their respective helmets.
5 minutes per round, 1 minute breaks per rounds, healing items and buffs only applicable during breaks. To the death. Or at least, since neither can die, until somebody calls it off and goes to the judges’ cards.
Or the first one who dies, gets their soul trapped.
Background Pony #A6D1
@Zincy
It could end up being a bit like the Rainbow Dash/Starscream fight they did many years ago. There too, one of the combatants was shown to be functionally immortal, but he ultimately lost after reaching a point where he was unable to continue the fight, despite still being alive.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@tehwatever
So that explains why he can fly across the street just to kick someone.
It’s honestly video game reason that makes Arkham Batman so OP, but I’d like to believe he really isn’t human.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Dragonborn has like a dozen different soul hax abilities. That would’ve been an easy win for him, but Chosen Undead’s preview says the undead in Dark Souls can go on without their souls. But that just means a soulless Chosen Undead is susceptible to Dragonborn enthralling him with any of his Reanimate Undead spells.
Chosen Undead can dodge roll all he wants but when he stops the Dragonborn will smash him.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
holy shit, this looks fucking rad as hell!

can we get this in sonic proper? like in a comic or something? lil bring your daughters to work day for eggmen?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide