The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
The live-action Little Mermaid is looking at a $125 million Memorial Day weekend opening.
This is why we keep getting these dumb Disney live-action remakes: we idiots keep watching them.
SleepySteve
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
In light of all the turmoil at WB, I think about this bit from an interview with David S. Goyer a lot….
One note I got was on Man of Steel, where the ending involves Superman utilizing the pod that he arrived in as a child in order to bring down General Zod’s ship. The note we got from the studio said, “You have to change that.” We asked why. They said, “Because if Superman uses that pod and it’s destroyed while saving the city, how is he ever going to get back home to Krypton?” There was just this long pause and we said, “Krypton blew up. You saw 30 minutes of it!”
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

In light of all the turmoil at WB, I think about this bit from an interview with David S. Goyer a lot….
One note I got was on Man of Steel, where the ending involves Superman utilizing the pod that he arrived in as a child in order to bring down General Zod’s ship. The note we got from the studio said, “You have to change that.” We asked why. They said, “Because if Superman uses that pod and it’s destroyed while saving the city, how is he ever going to get back home to Krypton?” There was just this long pause and we said, “Krypton blew up. You saw 30 minutes of it!”
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Yep. The revisionist history they have with Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman is insane.

Marvel’s Runaways is no longer available on Disney+ and Hulu due to Disney house-cleaning. The show remains available to purchase in digital storefronts in its entirety.
Vintage Disney is back, baby!
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Zack Snyder’s fanbrats are some of the biggest clowns I’ve ever seen.
That’s why I had to kind of distance myself from the Snyder fandom for awhile. I like/love most of Snyder’s work (His best movie turns 10 years old next month) and consider him one of the most interesting and unique filmmakers we have today, but yeah the more extreme side of his fanbase has really grown into something bad.
Background Pony #B070
Watchmen
Invasion of Astro Monster
Demon Slayer
The Owl House
Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
The Klingon Invasion of Cardassia
Rollercoasters
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@SleepySteve
There is this odd belief that the Snyder verse could somehow come back. Which the cost alone would make that improbable if not outright impossible.
The old plan was also kind of bizarre. One of the plot points was going to be all mythic figures are just Kryptonians.
Spidey10

@SleepySteve
There is this odd belief that the Snyder verse could somehow come back. Which the cost alone would make that improbable if not outright impossible.
The old plan was also kind of bizarre. One of the plot points was going to be all mythic figures are just Kryptonians.
The only way it maybe could continue is as a comic book. Movies, nope.
The Kryptonians being the mythic figures was a very early idea that was scrapped. It was not part of Snyder’s future Justice League plans.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
AT&T dumped millions on a director’s cut of Justice League that did not exist just to satisfy toxic fandom accounting for like .0001% of the world population, and all they got was a marginal HBO Max sub boost at best.
Not coincidentally, AT&T announced its exit from the media biz and offloading of WarnerMedia to Discovery two months after that mess was released.
Spidey10

@♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
AT&T dumped millions on a director’s cut of Justice League that did not exist just to satisfy toxic fandom accounting for like .0001% of the world population, and all they got was a marginal HBO Max sub boost at best.
Not coincidentally, AT&T announced its exit from the media biz and offloading of WarnerMedia to Discovery two months after that mess was released.
At least we got a really good movie and a director’s vision finally released. Shame the more toxic fans have overshadowed that.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
At least we got a really good movie and a director’s vision finally released.
More like “marginally good”. It was only slightly better than Batman v. Superman, which isn’t saying much.
Spidey10

At least we got a really good movie and a director’s vision finally released.
More like “marginally good”. It was only slightly better than Batman v. Superman, which isn’t saying much.
Agree to disagree I guess. I still stand by that the Ultimate Edition of BVS is a very bold and good CBM and Snyder’s Justice League was a great and epic follow up. Man Of Steel is still my favorite of Snyder’s DC films, but BVS and Snyder’s Justice League are great as well.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Josstice League was mediocre. The Snyder Cut managed to make it “Okay”.
Not a huge leap but at least it was turned into something acceptable.
Spidey10

Josstice League was mediocre. The Snyder Cut managed to make it “Okay”.
Not a huge leap but at least it was turned into something acceptable.
I remember when I saw Josstice League in the theater, my expectations were so low because of the early reactions/reviews and the extensive reshoots by WB and Whedon that I originally it was okay/mediocre. However when it came out on VOD and I rewatched some of it and learned more about what happened behind the scenes, I grew to dislike it a lot more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide