The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
So when the Little Mermaid remake comes out, one of two things will happen. It will flop and the usual folks will blame racism, sexism and ism-phobia for its failure; or it will do well enough at the box office and the usual folks will insist that it was because of diversity, equity and inclusion.
In other words, fuck the merit of the film, amirite?
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@WaynePonePone
I pin it on a few reasons.
The starter being the early 2010’s corporate feminism which you can tell was thought up by an executive and was frankly kinda cringe.
Some truth about hollywood viewing strong female as shooty bang no emotion, which to be fair, they’ve seen it that way since the 80s. Because that’s what a lot of strong male characters were/are somewhat still viewed as in Hollywood. Ergo if that’s what makes a man strong a strong woman also have no emotions and stoic right? That’s the math done. (I disagree)
Gamergate quickly devolving into a harassment campaign which opened the door for the Anti SJWS who got popular, complained about female empowerment alot, and later devolved into the the guys who scream about woke mario, woke deadspace, and pregnant spiderwoman as “moral degeneracy”
All of the above opening the door for alot of lazy takes saying because some of the big boys were doing strong no emotion shooty bang women all mainstream media is giving nothing but female Schwarzeneggers.
I call it lazy because.
Prey, Yellowjackets, Malignant, Primal, Revenge, The Old Guard, Owl House, Amphibia, Suicide Squad, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Birds of Prey, Blood Red Sky, Scream, Halloween, Wendell and Wylde, I May Destroy You, Alita Battle Angel, Wonder Woman, Queens Gambit, Jerry and Marge Go Large, The Room (Shudder version), Hell possibly even the BARBIE movie.
All properties with a large variety of differing female protagonists that aren’t just “Strong female character” archetype. It doesn’t take much looking to find it if you go outside a Reboot or Superhero flick.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@Goku Black
It’s probably going to be bad/ carried the whole way through by Halle Bailey because…I mean look at the rest of the reboots. They stink like shit. But To be fair. There really are fuckload of racists mad at the movie.
I saw those comments sections. Filled with the N word. If that ain’t racism…well anyone who argues that is frankly lieing through their teeth.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
The way Major Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark dressed like some smug wealthy aristocrat just screamed “I’m a Nazi!!!”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Star Trek Captains in a single phrase.
Kirk: “Don Juan in space.”
Picard: “I am the very model of a modern major general!”
Sisko: “Space Jesus gets shit done.”
Janeway: “A living Trolly Problem with a coffee addiction.”
Archer: “is also here.”
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Woke Dead Space? What’s a game about a cult that turns dead people into terrifying creatures with blade for hands so woke about?
I’ll go for Secret of NIMH, My Little Pony, and Resident Evil for strong female characters too. Characters don’t always have to do over the top actions to be strong. They just have to be able to be brave through situations that horrify them.
WaynePonePone
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@icicle wicicle 1517
Yeah, it’s always the tiny thing people pay attention to. Like oh no! A character that dies at the first few minutes of the game is now a black lesbian! Look at all the propoganda they’re throwing at us! That certainly ruins the whole game for me!
What a bunch of babies.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Artist -

The Bestia
Apparently that Dr Han guy from the I AM A SURGEON meme is going to be Fire Lord Ozai in the Netflix Avatar show. Kinda funny. Man I have no idea how that show is going to turn out.
@WaynePonePone
Bluey probably counts too. It’s pretty mainstream by now so. Yeah.
I’ve heard apparently that fandom slightly side eyes the bronies and really doesn’t want to be like us. Which well…For a period we did have a huge rape fantasy become a more known alternate universe, for the little girl show about pastel horses. So uh…okay, fair.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Darth Prime
Satoru Gojo from JJK is a no-effort, stupidly overpowered with a shallow one-note personality until we get the flashback.
Saitama from One Punch man is possibly literally THE stupidly overpowered with zero personality.
Both males, and nobody’s yelling male empowerement, as if male characters being stupid OP is normal and acceptable.
No they’re not. Stupid OP with zero personality is a problem whatever gender it might be and female empowerment just means now the women gets to play the stupid game. It’s not a female empowerement problem.
For some reason nobody’s attributing female empowerement to general audience shows where the female characters are the main focus, and or comprise pretty much the entire cast. MLP for one. Nichijou, Dragon Maid–even now, GUNDAM’s got cute cuddly queerbait female characters being put to trauma.
It’s also probably the idea that female characters nowadays can be characters and still sell the show instead of just being purely fanservice cumpdumps, that we got the really great female characters in Shingeki no Kyojin, Chainsaw Man and Jujutsu Kaisen.
@Beth
I like stupid OP characters when they’re side characters or part of the setting, rather than main character. A plot device. Like the Sensei character who infrequently shows up to give sage advice to the MC, or to die so the MC can set off on their revenge quest.
I don’t need the sensei character to be developed, unless you decide to have a spinoff or an entire arc surrounding them. If a OP character just shows up to clean up house and be eye candy I’ll take it, and I wouldn’t mind the gender or species.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide