The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Spidey10
Ok that i can understand.
Superhero/comic book movies aren’t the big guaranteed money makes they used to be a decade ago but i don’t think the genre is ready to die out completely
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
So just like the dark age of superheroes around the 90s and early 2000s. Remember Batman & Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Daredevil, Ang Lee’s Hulk, Spawn, and many other famously bad superhero movies? Before Sam Raimi’s Spider-man, X-men, and the Dark Knight and after 70s Superman and 80s Batman? Superheores movies used to be seen as nothing but bombs at one point in the past. It is happening all over again!
Posted Report
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Just Wayne
X-Men was pretty bad and Spiderman was silly.
Well I mean a lot of the silliness in Spider-Man is intentional. To me it worked, but I can understand why it might not for everyone.
So just like the dark age of superheroes around the 90s and early 2000s. Remember Batman & Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Daredevil, Ang Lee’s Hulk, Spawn, and many other famously bad superhero movies? Before Sam Raimi’s Spider-man, X-men, and the Dark Knight and after 70s Superman and 80s Batman? Superheores movies used to be seen as nothing but bombs at one point in the past. It is happening all over again!
The funny thing is I kind of miss that era. When most superhero movies weren’t in a cinematic universe. We got some great stuff in the 2000’s when I was a kid like The Spider-Man Trilogy, the first 2 X-Men films, and Batman Begins/The Dark Knight. And even some of the bad ones you mentioned are interesting.
I actually respect what Ang Lee tried to do with Hulk even though it didn’t work out.
The director’s cut of Daredevil is better IMO. A fun silly watch.
Batman And Robin is terrible but I love watching it.
Catwoman, Spawn, and Steel though, yeah those were just awful.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Dex Stewart
Eh, not all that big on the original X-men trilogy either, but I do like the Spider-man trilogy, even the third one. It is a comic book after all. It’s supposed to be silly.
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Now that I think more I think the main things I didn’t like in the Raimi Spiderman movies were Tobey Maguire and especially Kirsten Dunst. I can’t stand her and their interactions are painful.
The rest of the cast is amazing, at least until Topher Grace in the Third one. I’ve heard Raimi cast him out of spite because he didn’t like Venom.
I wouldn’t be opposed to him returning in some future movie, and I loved Maguire in No Way Home. Not Dunst though.
Posted Report
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Now that I think more I think the main things I didn’t like in the Raimi Spiderman movies were Tobey Maguire and especially Kirsten Dunst. I can’t stand her and their interactions are painful.
The rest of the cast is amazing, at least until Topher Grace in the Third one. I’ve heard Raimi cast him out of spite because he didn’t like Venom.
I wouldn’t be opposed to him returning in some future movie, and I loved Maguire in No Way Home. Not Dunst though.
While it’s true that Sony forced Raimi to include Venom in the film when he didn’t want to, I don’t believe that was the reason Raimi cast Grace. Since he had to include the character, it seemed like to me that he tried to make him what Maquire’s Peter could’ve been had he not learned with great power comes great responsibility. So in that way, I actually think Grace was a good choice.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
Huh. I never thought about that.
The Raimiverse Eddie Brock/Venom isn’t my favorite adaptation of the character (To me it’s (90’s Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man), but I consider him underrated.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Raimi has admitted in his interviews/director commentary that he’s not a fan of Venom. Raimi grew up with the Silver Age of comics, and that’s reflected in his choice of cast in movies. He’s was even planning on using the Vulture at some point, either in his original Spiderman 3 draft or as the main villain in Spiderman 4.
Venom was introduced after he was already an adult, so he never felt the same appeal to him the same way he did Peter’s older villains. Which, alongside executive mandates forcing Venom in against his protests, is a large contributor to Venom’s lackluster portrayal in 3.
Posted Report
Spidey10

Raimi has admitted in his interviews/director commentary that he’s not a fan of Venom. Raimi grew up with the Silver Age of comics, and that’s reflected in his choice of cast in movies. He’s was even planning on using the Vulture at some point, either in his original Spiderman 3 draft or as the main villain in Spiderman 4.
Venom was introduced after he was already an adult, so he never felt the same appeal to him the same way he did Peter’s older villains. Which, alongside executive mandates forcing Venom in against his protests, is a large contributor to Venom’s lackluster portrayal in 3.
Correct. Spider-Man 3 was originally going to have Vulture and Sandman as the main villains, but after Sony mandated Venom the writers considering doing it as a 2 parter with the aforementioned villains in the first part and Peter getting the black suit by the end. And then the second part would’ve finished both the Venom and Harry Osborn/Goblin stories. This idea was considered too big and was scrapped to just be one film. Vulture was removed and now being saved as the main villain for the cancelled fourth film.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Dustcan
Venom was forced into Spider-Man 3 at the behest of Avi Arad, because he wanted to court younger Spider-Man fans.
This is the same Avi Arad that’s pushing those garbage “Spider-Man-minus-Spider-Man” movies, and would’ve also produced The Super Mario Bros. Movie had Nintendo kept talking to Sony instead of going over to Universal/Illumination instead.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Dustcan
Venom was forced into Spider-Man 3 at the behest of Avi Arad, because he wanted to court younger Spider-Man fans.
This is the same Avi Arad that’s pushing those garbage “Spider-Man-minus-Spider-Man” movies, and would’ve also produced The Super Mario Bros. Movie had Nintendo kept talking to Sony instead of going over to Universal/Illumination instead.
I’ll defend the first solo Venom movie that he produced. It’s not great, but I thought it was a fun watch as a fan of the character and of Tom Hardy. Was disappointed with the sequel though. And with Morbius, yes it’s bad, but it’s becoming a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Venom 2’s failings were was mostly that it failed to capture what made the first one mostly work. And that’s because the first one mostly worked on accident.
Venom 1 worked because Tom Hardy was taking the piss out of everything. The rest of the cast was trying to have a serious movie, meanwhile Hardy is basically walking around with a lampshade on his head being a clown. That scene where he takes a dip in the lobster tank? That’s only there because Hardy walked on set, saw the tank, and told the director “I’m getting in that thing. That okay?” The stage crew had to reinforce the tank to let him do it. But it ended up making the scene work in spite of itself.
Likewise, everyone knows Venom 1 would’ve been better if it was rated R, but again managed without it by adding the cheese.
Venom 2 failed on both of those point. Now everyone is acting with a bit of irony, which only served to blur the acting instead of having a standout performer. And whereas Venom 1 could’ve been rated R, 2 should’ve been. I was suprised with how much brutality they Carnage managed to get away with, but he was still gimped by tiptoeing around him being a slasher movie villain instead of embracing it.
Posted Report
Spidey10

Venom 2’s failings were was mostly that it failed to capture what made the first one mostly work. And that’s because the first one mostly worked on accident.
Venom 1 worked because Tom Hardy was taking the piss out of everything. The rest of the cast was trying to have a serious movie, meanwhile Hardy is basically walking around with a lampshade on his head being a clown. That scene where he takes a dip in the lobster tank? That’s only there because Hardy walked on set, saw the tank, and told the director “I’m getting in that thing. That okay?” The stage crew had to reinforce the tank to let him do it. But it ended up making the scene work in spite of itself.
Likewise, everyone knows Venom 1 would’ve been better if it was rated R, but again managed without it by adding the cheese.
Venom 2 failed on both of those point. Now everyone is acting with a bit of irony, which only served to blur the acting instead of having a standout performer. And whereas Venom 1 could’ve been rated R, 2 should’ve been. I was suprised with how much brutality they Carnage managed to get away with, but he was still gimped by tiptoeing around him being a slasher movie villain instead of embracing it.
It’s not even that they toned the violence of Carnage down. Him and Eddie/Venom get barely any interactions until the climax.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Spidey10
That was a sorepoint yeah lol
apart from the jail interview at the start and the big battle at the end they hardly got any screentime together. Which is a shame, i liked both characters.
Also admittedly the films runtime being shorter then the 1st movie doesn’t help either.
Posted Report
Spidey10

@Spidey10
That was a sorepoint yeah lol
apart from the jail interview at the start and the big battle at the end they hardly got any screentime together. Which is a shame, i liked both characters.
Also admittedly the films runtime being shorter then the 1st movie doesn’t help either.
All 3 of the Sony Spider-Verse spin offs so far feel like they’ve been severely trimmed down.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
And Kraven’s upcoming film doesn’t look to be fixing that. Synopsis says he’s supposed to be an animal activist instead of a big game hunter.
Sony really wants to finally get that Sinister Six film they’ve been trying to make for almost 20 years, but they refuse to have any of their villains protagonists be villains.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Venom was already an anti-hero/hero in most non-Spidey focused stuff, and Morbious was one too i think? (IDK much about him outside of all the memes/shitposts), so i can understand them being given a more sympathetic/heroic adaption.
But isn’t Kraven just a straight up bad guy?
Posted Report
Spidey10

And Kraven’s upcoming film doesn’t look to be fixing that. Synopsis says he’s supposed to be an animal activist instead of a big game hunter.
Sony really wants to finally get that Sinister Six film they’ve been trying to make for almost 20 years, but they refuse to have any of their villains protagonists be villains.
I did hear a Kraven test screening went over well though. So we’ll see on that one.
Yeah there’s no point in doing a Sinister Six film if the members aren’t actually villains. At the same time, I do understand making Venom and Morbius more of anti heroes since they eventually became that in the comics. But Kraven has always been more of a villain.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Kraven the Hunter is more or less a neutral guy who just happens to always act on the villain’s side simply because all the good guys keep dressing up as animals and being the best hunts imaginable.
His family goes after Peter for revenge. But Kraven himself just wants to be the better hunter than Peter.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide