The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’ve been told that the GigaChad is a real person, but the image on the internet is a photoshop from his girlfriend.
Dang. Imagine being the image of such absolute peak masculinity that your beau had to tone down your sexiness for the safety of those about to witness it
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Goddamnit I can’t get over the fact that everybody is calling out their attack in the Wizarding World.
Half of the shounen anime crew would fit in well in that world.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I’ll never understand why dudes in body armor sometimes can’t just shake off a single zombie roughly the same size as them without having a pocket gun or knife on standby:
Good thing that Leon and Claire are randomly immune to the virus in gameplay…
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Absolutely spot on.
Only complaint is that they didn’t use a pic of Trazyn the Infinite. The Necron who lives by the ethos of “have the best toys”.
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@CaptainXtra
Zombies should be weaker than humans. The fact that they’re relentless, and can crawl on by without pressurized blood should be the scary part.
their bones and skin shouldn’t be harder. the point is that individual zombie cells, or a peice of their arm, can move on its own, like a worm, and grab you, and infect you. A zombie is scary because its writhing dismembered arm can flop around and sink its nails into you, turning you just like him.
Once you get to the point that zombies can sprint, or are unbreakable, you might as well have the antagonist being chased by mentally deficient flying supermen (which tbh sounds kinda cool on it’s own, aside from the point)
once you get into zombies that are stronger than humans, you might as well make it mythical like they’re a demon. You already tainted the biological suspension of disbelief.

At the same time I’m not sure where to draw the line. why couldn’t a zombie be strong, atleast for a moment? I’m just thinking that if they can grow stronger and heal they wouldn’t be the living dead, they’d just be living.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Beth
This is also the same universe that has sad zombie being able to grow massive tongues, grow spikes/tentacles out of ther body, and also turns them into werewolves
don’t thn the RE universe follows IRL logic/biology very much :P
Posted Report
Beth
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@icicle wicicle 1517
Wierd traits like that don’t kill the suspension of blief that much. Niche traits don’t kill it as much as a germ buffing everything about you.
It’s more like when the pathogen making the human stronger than ever. that’s the sus part.
If a pathogen could make you stronger than ever, why would it focus on one host? Why is that pathogen not already king of the foodchain?
Pathogens latch on because they need something from you, not because they have something to give. If a virus or bacteria was so powerful, it wouldn’t need a host.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The general conceit is that the undead doesn’t have mental inhibitors keeping animals from using 100% of their strength (it’s an actual thing believe it or not).
Sure a zombo missing a bicep literally doesn’t have much muscle strength to begin with, but what meat is left is firing on all cylinders.
If a virus or bacteria was so powerful, it wouldn’t need a host.
I’m pretty sure if it didn’t need a host then it wouldn’t be a virus. It’d be classified as a whole organism more or less.
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Dustcan
I get that but the mental inhibitors are to keep your muscle and body from breaking down.
i can take something that gives me 5x the strength of a normal human, but my urine will turn orange and red from all the broken proteins floating in my blood. Body might never recover.
Zombies having a burst of strength is believable. All of them running around like athletes is not.
I like almost all zombie movies, i don’t care when the suspension of disbelief is broken for myself. I’m arguing in favor of others who are confused by super-zombies.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
I just want the zombie pathogen to remain a parasite. Something that takes.
If the zombie pathogen mostly gave, I would infect myself with it, and learn to live with the consequences, not that scary. this is more on par with sparkly vampires.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@CaptainXtra
Body armors don’t really make you stronger. They just add more weights on your body and make it harder to maneuver. That added with a full weight of a chunk of rotten meat would make things harder to shake off. It’s a bulletproof vest, not strength enhancing suit. Everybody keeps thinking armors make you stronger for some reason. That’s not really how it works.
@Beth
I mean, everything Umbrella created was supposed to be sold as weapons. Of course it has surface perks with terrifying side effects like losing your consciousness and becoming flesh eating monsters. That’s kind of why Resident Evil zombies work. Since it’s a game, they can’t pile you up with a thousand enemies and make things super unfair and unwinnable because it won’t sell, so they give them a story reason to be strong then fighting even one enemy would be a plausible challenge, but not impossible. Zombies are usually scary from numbers and the idea of the whole world being turn into zombies, an apocalyptic scenario where you fear you might be next. So Resident Evil thought of something to make every single one threatening because of video game reasons. The viruses and parasites are less your usual viruses and parasites. They’re bioweapons.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide