The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
There’s no functional difference between a laptop and desktop as far as performance for games. It’s all in the hardware.
And no, I am not the guy to talk to about which is the best hardware for which price.
For the most part choosing between a laptop or desktop amounts to portability. If you travel a lot? Laptops are easier to move. Otherwise desktops are technically better for heat dissipation: the more room means there’s less hot metal getting hotter from other hot metal crammed into a small space.
Regardless, if the problem is just a battery then replacing that is, obviously, far cheaper than a whole new rig.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Lord WyrmSpawN
Like Dustcan said. A laptop’s major advantage is in its portability.
Like Dustcan also implied; Laptops run HOT.
Desktops with ample space for airflow, the possibility for beefy heatsinks or liquid cooling and multiple larger fans means you’re most likely going to have a cooler and quieter system.
A cooler system also means more room to squeeze more performance out of your components. Laptop hardware are also usually nerfed to make sure they don’t melt from being cramped into a super tight chassis.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
It’s been quite clear for awhile that Dan and Justin do whatever they feel like with the show.
I checked out after season 3.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The way I hear it basically amounts to Harmon pushes plots to follow his “story circle” because it’s clever or whatever, while Roiland comes into meetings late and drunk and just says to slap testicles on everything before he blacks out.
It’s why only people with high IQs can comprehend the genius of everything having testicles in Rick and Morty.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
If you think about it, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure and Castlevania has surprisingly similar setups.
They both more or less follow a family lineage in their feud against a vampire who’s rarely more than one or 2 steps removed from the current antagonist of the iteration.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Props to peopke who are still enjoying Pokemon but after knowing about Scarlet and Violet’s technical problems, I can’t for the life of me go back to loving this franchise again. I can’t believe Gamefreak would release its own version of GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition and while Rockstar can’t get away with it, Gamefreak probably can. When can we get a Pokemon game launch without problems?
Honestly the only good thing is these glitches are simply hilarious. I actually wouldn’t want them to be patched for the laughs.
Posted Report
Kolbjorn

Banana
@Just Wayne
Its not gamefreak’s fault, Its The Pokemon Company who forces them to barf a new game every 2-3 years or even shorter.
A new game means new pokemons and new pokemons means new merchandise (the new starters plushies where on sale like a month before the game came out) and while pokemon is the highest grossing franchise ever almost all of that money comes from the merchandise, not the games
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Given the current news of Yuji Naka and Chris-Chan, i want to see a buddy comedy movie where by sheer coincidence they both end up sharing the same jail cell together, and both of them work together to break out of jail.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Kolbjorn
Unfortunately, that is the standard of Pokemon going forward. It’s now more fun to watch the anime and play the card games than play the actual mainline games. I don’t even care anymore. I just want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide