The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
“Only Headshots can stop them” type Zombies are stupid.
A shotgun, rifle, or any of type of auto-gun that shreds through their abdomen and legs will stop them just fine.
Media needs to get their shit together on this, Zombies aren’t Xenomorphs or Terminators.
THEY’RE FORMER HUMANS WHO ARE NOW ROTTEN FLESH, NOT FUCKING ADAMANTIUM LIKE WOLVERINE.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I mean, if they are still mobile despite being dead and/or missing half their body, then on some level it makes sense that losing another few organs won’t make a difference. And since the noggin is where all the sensory bits are, taking damage there would render a zombo inert if nothing else.
That’s a neat thing about Dead Space necromorphs in that’s how they operate. You can’t kill them, you just dismember them so until they can’t move.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@CaptainXtra
In the newer Resident Evil, not even headshot can stop them, at least not just one. You gotta keep shooting until their heads literally explode. That makes them so much more terrifying to me.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Stubbs the Zombie is OP then
Not only can survive being shot in the head, but he’s perfectly fine with ripping his own head off and using it as a bowling ball bomb, then just regenerates new head :p
Posted Report
Applepie2010

Nostalgia Nerd
“Only Headshots can stop them” type Zombies are stupid.
A shotgun, rifle, or any of type of auto-gun that shreds through their abdomen and legs will stop them just fine.
Media needs to get their shit together on this, Zombies aren’t Xenomorphs or Terminators.
THEY’RE FORMER HUMANS WHO ARE NOW ROTTEN FLESH, NOT FUCKING ADAMANTIUM LIKE WOLVERINE.
Right said
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
Return of the living dead zombies are legitimately the most nightmarish zombies in any media. You can’t kill them no matter what, Chop them up, shoot ‘‘em in the head or turn them into ash via nuclear fire, the fuckers will still keep coming. They’re intelligent and capable of communication but they are in eternal agonising pain because they feel their body rotting and only devouring human flesh numbs the pain.
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
Zoombies are the worst zombies. Since when does dying turn you into a fucking Triathlete?
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
@Dustcan
That’s dumb. You ain’t gonna be sprinting with maggot infested rotted muscles no matter what your brain tells you.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Without the need to breath, or thermoregulate, or even have blood pressure the brain becomes a lot less important.
A zombie that lost a great deal of its front brain should still be able to keep going. They will just lose their ability to make decisions or alter their coarse of motion. Likely they would walk into walls, writhe on the ground, and reflexively grab things they bump into.
Yeah, they’ll never be strong. You need pressurized blood flow and breathing to coordinate large burst of strength. They could be quite resilient though. Able to scratch you and infect you, even after sever injuries.
Since their cells are being supported independently, with little oxygen, The best way to stop them would be a bullet that completely blows away anatomical structure, like breaking their spine so they can’t stand upright to claw.
Even if you mince them to pieces, their individual body parts should still be able to writhe around, even if you broke their body completely what’s left should be able to move around for a long time, even longer since the wounds you inflicted opened up the cells to more oxygen. You could step on a severed zombie hand, and it would reflexively dig its infectious nails into you.
Don’t assume headless means safe. Burning them might not be ideal, they can probably writhe around a great deal while on fire, and set the surroundings or yourself on fire.
@Background Pony #02EE
Zombies are already dumb, this is not how you have fun my friend. Be a little imaginative. The virus could increase their anaerobic respiration, certain layers of tissue might even become too toxic for maggots. Zombies could vary greatly.
Technically i’m a zombie. A philosophical one. I don’t feel or experience anything, i just reflexively type bullshit in front of a keyboard and drink.
Background Pony #02EE
Nah man. Still stupid as shit. No dude with Riga-mortis and necrotised flesh has any business usain bolting after survivors unless they’re some kinda ‘not-zombie’ type zombie suffering from Uber rabies or parasitic fungi or whatever the current trend is.
Also if you’re going through shit theirs a depression thread where’ll you get some sympathy.
Posted Report
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #02EE
Man f you, that’s just dark comedy, and I been there. So uh… bite me, i’m probably healthier and happier than you are. Zombies require a lot of imagination.
EDIT:Nobody has ever established specific physiological details or criteria for zombies. It’s a thing of imagination, the fact that the imagination can sometimes sound scientific is just a cool bonus. Nobodies versions of zombies is stupid.
Background Pony #02EE
@Background Pony #02EE
Nobodies versions of zombies is stupid.
What’s your take on vampires?
Compare the likes of the twink from Twilight and compare it to Count orlock From Nosferatu and tell me one isn’t substantially worse in quality then the other.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
@Background Pony #02EE
There could be like some magical or unexplained force supporting zombies or vampires.
The belief in zombies can be tied to the belief there is extra-natural forces supporting life.
The key thing about vampires is that they depend on draining the lifeforce of others. It’s more a philosophical thing than a science thing.
I’m not sure about making vampires romanticized or perfect. It kind of goes in line with the fact that abusive people can have superficial charm. I like the darker grittier vampires, but Twilight seems to have a bit of fantasy. Like someone who is driven by dark forces can some good to them maybe.
Also thanks for going back to the nerd shit, and not fighting me over my behavioral issues you think i might have. I could be less of an a-hole myself honestly.
Posted Report
Background Pony #02EE
@Background Pony #02EE
Also thanks for going back to the nerd shit, and not fighting me over my behavioral issues you think i might have. I could be less of an a-hole myself honestly.
(Looks at the Two paragraphs of vitriol I typed ripping you to shit)
hits delete
Uh, sure. No problem.
Posted Report
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
i love the sonic twitter takeovers. how else would we learn that eggman used to have a man bun when he was younger?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide