The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Strange 2, within the first five minutes has a cute teenage girl getting her limbs restrained by tentacles.
Me: [flashback to when trees attack]
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
Johnny Yong Bosch just confirmed they the turbo movie was going Going to have the Zeo suits Heavily damaged. That would have been the reason they stopped using the Zeo powers
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
From what we’ve seen in the trailer, Kamala’s powers look a little different than they did in the comics. How did you want to approach translating her powers to the screen?
Sana Amanat: Obviously, so much of the show is an adaptation, and we thought it was important to make sure that her powers are linking to larger stories in the Marvel universe. We wanted to make sure there is a little bit more story to tell after this series. Obviously, she goes into The Marvels. The powers do look different, which is very controversial. I know people are like, “How dare you change the powers!” I know people are upset about it, but as someone who’s probably one of the closest people to this character from the inception, and having spoken to Willow about this as well, I think Willow and I have always felt that this made sense. This was the right move because there are bigger stories to tell.
It’s really fun to give Kamala different kinds of powers that feel big in scope and cinematic in a different way. We can do a lot of fun things with her. I don’t want to spoil too much about how she uses her powers, but they’re fun and bouncy. At the same point, the essence of what the powers are in the comics is there, both from a metaphorical standpoint and from a visual standpoint. We’re doing the embiggened fist. We’re doing the elements that make her feel and look kind of crazy, but also really cool. I think it’s going to be familiar to people, but at the same time, different in a fresh and unique way.
That’s a lot of words to say very little. But good on them for sticking to narrative cohesion I guess?
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
In regards to Ms. Marvel, it’s now bad to be inaccurate to the comics?!
Last time I checked, Civil War was inaccurate to the comics but, aside from DC fanboys, I didn’t see any whining about it.
Yes. Bad. Very bad. I demand exact accuracy.
Lol I’m joking.
Different interpretations can be fun to see sometimes.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Hollowfox The Worst
It’s also more the fact they did it for reed richards. famously one of the most uninteresting and disposable characters to ever be an a lister carried entirely by the rest of his team and being forced in as Doctor Doom’s arch enemy, it would be like changing Doc Ock to accommodate Omega Red
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
As much as he’s one of my favorite Star Trek characters, canonical Ben Sisko made the galaxy worse and I have really dumb proof.
The episode that’s set in a future after Sisko gets temporarily phased out of reality seems perfectly fine.
The Dominion didn’t genocide the Earth, the Pa-Wraiths didn’t burn the galaxy like one would have expected without The Emmissary being around, in fact much of both of those arcs didn’t seem to have occurred.
Thus, it is logical to assume that Sisko existing caused much of the calamities seen in DS9.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It definitely doesn’t match the mood of the games. It reminds me of the recent film which was…meh.
I’m pleased with the monster designs though. Zombos, Lickers and Cerberus were all expected, but seeing a Web Spinner is nice and a… tardigrade(?) was unexpected.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide