The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Kiryu-Chan  
I meant how the show was marketed. The adaptation was actually pretty interesting. Some changes 4kids made to Winx actually improved on the original a bit,though there’s other things I hate.  
I was like,13 or fourteen when Winx premiered in the US,and I got bullied a bit for liking it.  
A thing that really pissed me off was how 4kids tried to market Winx solely to girls. It was shortsighted. What sticks in my mind is a commercial for the Winx card “game”. Bloom says “No boys allowed” at the end of it. Eff you,Bloom!  
Winx seems to confuse marketing no matter where it is though.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So I just had a marathon of all the Tremors movies, a series of films that I can’t help watching for how entertaining they are.

The Original Tremors -  
A true classic as films come by and if you haven’t seen it I highly recommend it, great cast, great special effects, great creature idea and design, and overall just corky B-movie fun that can also be intense to watch.

Tremors 2: Aftershocks -  
A surprisingly good follow up to the original, no Kevin Bacon as Val McKee but Fred Ward as Earl Basset returns. Burt Gummer is the only other returning character and Michael Gross is pretty much in everyone of these films (and is easilythe best part of everyone). The idea of Graboids being able to walk around like Velociraptors is cool and them using heat sensors instead of feeling vibrations is a nice way to add tension to this new story as is for the sequel to not just be a rehash of the first film.

Tremors 3: Back to Perfection -  
Not as good as the previous film especially now that they start using cgi more then practical effects, but it’s still got good things about it like action, good characters, flying Graboids this time, and Burt Gummer in all his greatness (They were also nice enough to bring back Miguel and Melvin from the first film). I also like how Graboids have become so well known that they pretty much market the crap out of them with merchandise, comics, arcade games and even a fake safari ride.  
Also sidenote for some reason this movie is rated PG while every other film has been PG-13 and I don’t get why since there is still blood and cursing in it (The flying Graboids are called Assblasters for crying out loud).

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (technically this should be Tremors 0)  
This one takes place back in the old west of the 1800s, we see Perfection valley at it’s start, an ancestor of the Gummer family play of course by Michael Gross, and while you would believe this is the origin of where the Graboids came from it’s really not it’s more or less the first film in the old west. Still entertaining to watch, Michael Gross does good playing this upperclass gentlemen character, and it’s nice to see a different take on the story.

Tremors 5: Bloodlines -  
Another Tremors film except this time it’s in Africa, and the Assblasters have evolved into a monsterous super creature (So in other words this is Resident Evil 5).  
Not too much to say about this one, still entertaining to watch, Burt Gummer is back once again and it seems like he gets a little more crazier every new film he’s in (I guess that’s what hunting Graboids does to you). Spoiler Alert: Burt has a son named Trevor who helps him out in the film.

Tremors 6: A Cold Day in Hell -  
Graboids now in the snow as they’ve found their way up to northern Canada. Nothing really new going on with the creatures so it’s mainly just a different location. Burt returns as does Trevor, we are also introduced to the daughter of Val McKee who plays a major part (sadly no Kevin Bacon). There’s also a subplot involving Burt having a Graboid virus in him slowly eating away at him so it’s a little like Resident Evil 4.

and finally Tremors 7: Shrieker Island -  
This one is pretty much Graboids in the jungle like The Lost World and Predator combined. Burt’s back and has apparently retired and is living on an island, Trevor the guy who’s been built up to be the next Burt Gummer is not in this film for some reason and they come up with a lame excuse as to why. We are joined however by the woman that Burt slept with and gave birth to Trevor apparently. Nothing new about the Graboids aside from some rich asses bringing them to an excluded island and have been genetically modified so they can hunt them for sport.  
Last thing to mention about this film and Spoiler Alert: Burt Gummer dies sacrificing his life to kill the last Graboid and they closed the film with a montage of Burt from all the films which was a nice send-off for him.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The Original Tremors -
A true classic as films come by and if you haven’t seen it I highly recommend it, great cast, great special effects, great creature idea and design, and overall just corky B-movie fun that can also be intense to watch.

I think the movie is even used in movie classes. Mostly do to the cinematography; it’s not something a philistine like myself would appreciate without being told outright but yeah, the camerawork is far above what you’d expect from a solidly B-movie experience.

Tremors 4: The Legend Begins (technically this should be Tremors 0)
This one takes place back in the old west of the 1800s, we see Perfection valley at it’s start, an ancestor of the Gummer family play of course by Michael Gross, and while you would believe this is the origin of where the Graboids came from it’s really not it’s more or less the first film in the old west. Still entertaining to watch, Michael Gross does good playing this upperclass gentlemen character, and it’s nice to see a different take on the story.

This one ties with 3 for the most meh of the movies. Its best moments are really just he cavalcade of references and allusions to the previous movies; it’s a step down for fans, but still somehow a movie very much for the fans.

Tremors 6: A Cold Day in Hell -
Graboids now in the snow as they’ve found their way up to northern Canada.

For all of 5 minutes. Then the rest of the movie is on some non-descript mountain range and the camera applies a blue tint over everything to make you think it’s the winter.

There’s also a subplot involving Burt having a Graboid virus in him slowly eating away at him so it’s a little like Resident Evil 4.

Which is a kinda cool plot point, but it does make me feel bad for the helicopter pilot in the previous movie. He survived being eaten, had a buddy moment with Burt, but now he’s apparently going to die a slow painful death for it.

and finally Tremors 7: Shrieker Island -
This one is pretty much Graboids in the jungle like The Lost World and Predator combined. Burt’s back and has apparently retired and is living on an island, Trevor the guy who’s been built up to be the next Burt Gummer is not in this film for some reason and they come up with a lame excuse as to why. We are joined however by the woman that Burt slept with and gave birth to Trevor apparently. Nothing new about the Graboids aside from some rich asses bringing them to an excluded island and have been genetically modified so they can hunt them for sport.
Last thing to mention about this film and Spoiler Alert: Burt Gummer dies sacrificing his life to kill the last Graboid and they closed the film with a montage of Burt from all the films which was a nice send-off for him.

This one definitely holds a series’ finale feel to it. Tremors has a habit of returning after several years of absence, but if this one is truly the final then they did it justice.

As a closing thought you should check out the series. The entire thing is up on the official youtube channel for free and they’re surprisingly good.
Background Pony #67D7
So something new going around a geek community is that October is unofficially “Villains month”
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

What if Microsoft announced it’s own general purpose table top rule set that would then be supported by many of it’s IPs so you could have the Armies of Hell from Doom fighting the Covenant, or the COG facing down the Borhterhood of Steel?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

The Original Tremors —
Possibly my most favoritest movie in multiple genres. Also I think one of the movies I’ve watched multiple times and would still be wholly impressed and entertained by it.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Dustcan  
I heard there was a tv series but they never released it on dvd not even in the Tremors collection pack I got which features all 7 movies in it, but I do very much want to watch it as a huge fan of the series.

Oh yeah forgot to mention Tremors 6 had a few minutes of snow and the rest of the movie is dirt my bad.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I know that Spongebob isn’t a series that has any kind of focus on continuity but if there’s one thing I’d like to be settled, it’s seeing if Spongebob’s cooking skills have finally surpassed Jim’s by now:

full

Last time he showed up, Spongebob got a dose of harsh reality, the kind that usually would only hit Squidward, as Jim’s talents were far beyond anything of the little frycook that could.

Jim did leave with a positive note by stating how Spongebob could improve if he went solo but I feel like they could have another episode, perhaps a special, where Spongebob shows that he can finally match Jim’s skill.

That’s right, “Frycook Arc” this bitch.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide