The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Dragon Maid is such a fantastic show. The more I watch of it, the more I’m reminded why I love the show so much. It might honestly be one of my personal favorite animes of all time.

I think the reason why is because all the main and recurring characters in the show are all so likable. There’s this genuineness about them that is incredibly endearing. Whether it be Tohru and her love for Kobayashi, or Kobayashi and the mother figure she is to Kanna, or even Lucoa and how she tried to help Ilulu this episode, all the characters are just so damn likable. It’s hard not to root for all of them.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Seeing Taskmaster imitate Spiderman in Black Widow made me laugh considering the last time he did it in the comics he broke his back trying.

I’m slightly disappointed that didn’t happen in the movie.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Does Taskmaster have some kinda Sharingan ability where he can “memorize” and “duplicate” a move if he sees it once?

Like, imagine reciting facts or recreating images from photographic memory but with muscle memory.

That’s kinna nice.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@tehwatever  
That is his gimmick, yes  
in the comics at least

He only needs to look at someone doing an action one time and he instantly has it memorised.

Say for instance he’s watching a video of people swordfighting. Even he he had never touched a sword in his life, then he would instantly be able to recreate the moves of the people he just saw

it’s why a lot of the more “normal” superheroes have trouble fighting him. Since he keeps going over footage of their previous fights so he can memorise their fighting styles and adapt to them.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

Yes. No kekkei genkai, he just has photographic memory and some good ol’ attention to detail. Combine that with his almost peak-human level of physical ability and he’s able to replicate anyone’s fighting style to the point that he’s able to predict what they’ll do next in a fight.

But he’s still human. So like, in the Spiderman example he saw how Peter dodges and tried to do one himself. Problem was Peter has superhuman reflexes and fights like a contortionist, so when Taskmasters repeated the stunt he snapped his spine.

This also lead to comical defeats by Deadpool. Again, Taskmaster is all about replicating a fighting style to the point of being able to predict his opponent’s moves. Which doesn’t work against opponents who are unpredictable, like when Wade will randomly start breakdancing in the middle of his fight.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Anime Taskmaster will be like:

“Please. You think you can beat me with a technique that I’ve seen once?!”

“I’m not an idiot to fall for the same trick twice.”

“How long did you say you trained for this move?”

But in japanese.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
Anything is predictable once you have a vast library of references and every possible combination and permutations.

Wade won’t for example, turn his left arm into a lobster with laser eyes would he?

HunterXHunter Meruem brute forced his way through a one-in-a-million chance by stubbornly trying each possible combo and permutation.

Unfortunately Taskmaster is human and he doesn’t have the stamina, skill nor endurance to literally try every combo.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
So did Taskmaster ever win against Batman? They have very similar skillset.

My guess is Batman would prolly lose the 1st encounter, then figured that Taskmaster has photographic muscle memory and thus feed Taskmaster false information which would make Taskmaster think he’s got Batman figured out, only to have Batman pull the Reverse Uno card and reveal that Taskmaster’s been reading fake news, and Batman beat him.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@tehwatever  
If he had to fight Batman without knowing anything about him?  
He’d get his ass kicked.

If he tried to fight Batman after having tie to review and prepare for him?

Yeah it;d be a more even fight.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide