The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@WyrmSpawN

Not sure if it’s smart to use them to score a handful more people to watch, or if they are just setting themselves to be overshadowed by a 13 second left-field joke.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I’m Not Starfire under fire again.

See. If you wanna make Starfire’s daughter the opposite of Starfire, you don’t NEED to make her fat short and gay…

You can have her be the same bodacious lovely woman that her mom is, but make her wear a hijab.

Which means you could have an attractive young lady with superpower who doesn’t sleep around, who’d rather learn language the hard way instead of kissing randos, and covers herself head to toe, instead of a stripperific costume that bares her midriff. Bonus point if she wears a glasses and is soft spoken and reserved for extra “moe” points.

Problem solved without the sjw agenda.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The Black Arrow from The Hobbit. I haven’t read the books but is that thing magical or something? The 70s animated movie made it sound like a random arrow Bard just keeps finding after using. The live action movies turn it into one of many iron ballista bolts. But they both almost mystify the thing with how the characters are in awe over it.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Dustcan  
I think it’s just a really good steel arrow.

Like, i guess what you would call military-grade in the context of the world.

Or maybe it’s just the one destined to kill the dragon.
Background Pony #D00B
The Black Arrow from The Hobbit. I haven’t read the books but is that thing magical or something? The 70s animated movie made it sound like a random arrow Bard just keeps finding after using. The live action movies turn it into one of many iron ballista bolts. But they both almost mystify the thing with how the characters are in awe over it.
Bearing in mind that “magical” items in Tolkien’s work are often not that dissimilar from ones that are just very old and very well made, The Hobbit mostly just hints at the idea that the arrow has any magical qualities. Really the arguments in favor of the idea come down to a brief statement made by Bard the Bowman about the arrow shortly before he uses it to bring down Smaug.  
“Arrow!” said the bowman. “Black arrow! I have saved you to the last. You have never failed me and always I have recovered you. I had you from my father and he from of old. If ever you came from the forges of the true king under the Mountain, go now and speed well!”
But as for the reverence it receives, it is special to Bard because it is an heirloom of Girion, the last Lord of Dale, who was his ancestor. Plus there is the fact that it was more than likely crafted by the dwarves in the Lonely Mountain, so even without additional magical abilities it would almost certainly be a high quality item.

I suppose you could also give it special note as being the the weapon that ultimately succeeds in killing Smaug, but that has less to do with the arrow itself than the fact that Bard was told by a thrush where to find the only weak spot Smaug had.
Background Pony #1257
Paru Itagaki author of Beastars says besides her father few of her other influences include Hirohiko Araki(Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure), Yoshihiro Togashi(Hunter X Hunter) and Hajime Isayama(Attack on Titan)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide